Chapter 15: "Where's the Fire?"

ARI

For a couple of days now, Alex and I always met in my mother's office after school.

"Honey what are you thinking about?" My mother asked pulling out of the driveway and driving to school.

"Nothing." I said sadly. I wish Alex at least acknowledged me. He was straight up ignoring me again.

After the first day of detention, Alex never spoke to me again. He even leaves me alone now which is a good thing but deep down I wish he didn't.

I know it's crazy to think that after how he's treated me but something, to this day, pulls me to him. He obviously doesn't feel the same but I can't help it.

"Is this about Alex?" My mother asked me frowning.

"What! No!" I cried out, answering too quickly.

"Okay, listen to me honey. I'm not blind, I see the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. I want to say you're too young to be dating and whatever but I would be a hypocrite because I met your father in High School. Just...be careful. Alex doesn't seem to know what he feels and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Alex looks at me?" I asked slowly, slightly happy.

My mother slapped her forehead. "Of course you would hear that part only!"

I sobered up and straightened my back, slapping the star struck look off my face. "I get it Mom. I don't like him like that." I told her lying. "It's just that he's ignoring me now and I don't know why?" I pouted.

My mother seemed to be thinking to hard about something because of the frozen smile on her face. "Mom! Did you hear what I said?"

"Mom." I said slowly, wondering what she was thinking about.

"Oh would look at that! We're at school!" She parked the car and jumped out, slamming the door shut, excited about something. I climbed out and followed her inside the building. "See you after school Ari." She said and then skipped to her office.

The hell?

I shook my head and met Jen at her locker. "Hey, Jen! Are you excited for your party tomorrow?"

Jen had her head shoved up into her locker so I couldnt see her face. "Jen?" I asked, grabbing her shoulder. "You okay?"

Jen came out and seemed to be hyperventilating. "Yeah, I'm good, its just that I'm almost 18!"

I hugged her, laughing. "I know!"

"Not to mention i'll be the packs new b-"

"JEN!" Jen was cut off by Ashley who ran towards us with a worried face.

Jen gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, her eyes going wide. "Oh shit." She said mumbling through her hands.

Ashley came and hugged me just as I opened my mouth to ask what happened. "OMG! I'm so excited for the birthday party! Aren't you?" I quickly nodded my head, opening my mouth but was cut off by Ashley. "Of course you are! I wonder if we should do blue and black theme or blue, black and white theme?" I was gaping like a fish trying to answer all of her questions. "What time are you coming again? W-"

"TWO O'CLOCK!" I screamed before she could finish her question. Jen and Ashley jumped from my sudden outburst. Some people around us jumped to but they just ignored us afterwards, rolling their eyes.

I sheepishly smiled. "Sorry, but Ashley wouldn't let me speak!" Jen laughed and shoved me towards our class. "That was super loud man! I think I burst an eardrum!"