Chapter 30: Be Happy

ARI

A loud, high pitched scream filled the air drowning out my own scream. When I realized what just happened, I started to bark with laughter.

Alex came thundering towards me in concern. "What's wrong!" But he stopped in his tracks when he realized we weren't in any danger.

Matt threw a glare in my direction, tapping his foot impatiently as I rolled around the floor still choking with laughter.

It's just not what I expected his scream to be like. Every time I stopped, I would think about it and then start laughing again.

Alex stared at me with amusement, his mouth forming into a smile.

"Alex! Did you hear him?" I asked in-between my breathing.

Alex laughed, his eyes twinkling. "No, what happened?"

"Hey Matt." I moved my attention to Matt who was still staring off into space with a glare on his face. "Can you scream again?" I teased him trying not to laugh.

Matt just narrowed his eyes at me and then walked away, his arms crossed across his chest.

Alex chuckled with me.

"It's good to see you laugh." He told me beaming with a smile.

"It's good to see you smile." I told him.

"Maybe we are good for each other." He said in a small voice, smiling crookedly at me.

I blushed. "Maybe."

He looked at my moms car and leaned against it, putting his hands behind his head, deep in thought.

I avoided looking at him but couldn't resist.

The way his arm muscles flexed, with his rock hard stomach tempting me. I mentally slapped myself because of the warm feeling I felt inside my stomach.

Alex looked at me and I looked away trying not to blush.

I shifted awkwardly before my mother showed up and looked at Alex pointedly.

Alex narrowed his eyes at her but left, making me frown.

"Ari, we need to stay here for a couple of days. Uh, Zander, already set us up with our rooms." She said wringing her hands, blushing. She was obviously blushing because of Zander.

"Okay fine. But after the danger is gone we should leave." I would feel a lot better if I wasn't here reminded about Jen but it hurt to think about leaving Alex.

"Hey, Mom." I haven't asked her how she was about founding out about everything that's happened to her. "How are you holding up?"

She made a confused face. "What do you mean? With werewolves? Because I'm doing fine. I'm just glad you aren't all alone in this world. I told you their had to be someone out there like you." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I know Mom." I hugged her. "Thanks for always believing in me. I know it probably wasn't easy raising me after Dad died and then after I turned into a giant fluffy monster."