Chapter 26: Guess Who's Back

ALEX

Ariana and her mother both hugged each other, happy. I looked at my own father becoming angry.

Dad, answer me! I need to know if I am Shawn. I mind-linked him, growling, but he continued to ignore me just like he did yesterday.

I know you can hear me! Dad, I need to know if I am. Please! Am I Shawn? I asked desperately but my dad continued to pretend like he didn't hear me. I knew I was, but hearing it from my dad was important because if I really am this guy, then that means I was killed by own father.

"AM I!" I roared with rage, out loud.

He still stood there, not answering. My whole body shook and I knew I was about to shift. My wolf has always been aggressive and now that I was this angry, my wolf was going to be 10 times that.

What can I say? He gets results, and right now, my own father was pissing me off.

I shifted and charged towards him, rage getting the better of me.

I forgot Ariana and her mother were here and when I heard Helen gasping, I knew I fucked up.

My father wasn't surprised at all that I reacted the way I did but he just stood there instead of leaping out of the way.

And knowing this, I still charged forward until I was shoved out of the way. My wolf body rolled to the ground making me growl in anger. I looked up to see my older brother standing in front of my father. "Change back now!" He demanded, his voice filled with his Alpha power.

Anthony knew I hated it when he used his Alpha voice on me.

I growled in response but didn't attack. Anthony back off! This is between dad and I. I mind-linked him. You don't understand!

Anthony shook his head. "I know I don't understand but look man, I can't let you attack dad!"

"Are-are they communicating?" Ari's mother asked her.

Ariana wasn't paying attention to her but looking at me instead with an intensity that had me shivering. "I'll explain later mom." And then she continued to stare at me.

"We cant let you." My head whipped to Aaron, who came and stood next to Anthony.

I contemplating on attacking anyways but I can't hurt my little brother, no matter what.

Mentally sighing, I went into the woods instead, running away in anger.

"Alex!" I could hear Ariana shout after me.

"Ariana, get back here!" Her mother cried.

"Mom, please, I have to go after him! Talk to Nathan, he'll explain everything!" And then I could hear her footsteps following me into the woods. I was half a mile away from her already and was expecting her to shift and then track me but she didn't, she just continued to run in her human form.

I ran for twenty minutes but stopped when I couldn't feel her anymore. I doubled back expecting to feel her but she wasn't there. I ran a little faster, starting to freak out.