Chapter 8: Captain Death

ARI

I waved goodbye to Jen and locked the door behind me. With a heavy sigh I flopped onto the couch, my face resting in the couches cushion.

Gym was absolutely horrible!

I groaned into the cushion, my small scream muffled.

The scrape I got on my knee was healed already but I could still feel the humiliation.

After roll call and getting yelled at by the coach, he split us up into two teams.

Alex and I were on the same team which I could live with but apparently he couldn't.

Every time he had a ball in his hand, he would throw it to my face. With my fast reflexes I caught them half the time but other times when I was distracted, I would get hit in the face and fall.

I was terrible at being a superhuman! What was the point of having super powers if I can't even use them!

At one point, I grabbed a ball and threw it at his face, well I pretended, I actually threw it at his balls.

I snickered when I remembered the pained look on his face. I felt kind of bad but then knew it was totally justified. His friend Nate tried to smother his laugh but failed.

Of course, he's going to hate me even more after that. When the coach called us to leave I happily skipped to my locker, feeling like I won until I was tripped by Alex. This time I saved my face by landing in my elbows. Pain, like electricity, crawled through my arm making me cry out in pain.

Everyone laughed at me as I picked myself up, glaring at Alex who was pretty proud of himself. What can't he just leave me alone?

This time I spoke to him, basically getting in his face. My finger touched his chest and I swear I felt a small amount of electricity shoot through my finger and it was the good kind of electricity too.

I hesitated but then I opened my mouth. "What's your problem! What did I ever do to you? Hmm? You barely met me!" I said confused as hell. Right after I said it though, his face changed. He looked at me with confusion, his eyes going back into his head and then he gasped grabbing his head. I backed away from him slowly not knowing what was happening.

Whatever that was, it meant I won and dragged Jen to the locker room trying to keep my win from becoming a loss.

I was still smirking to myself when my mother came through the door with a smile on her face. I narrowed my eyes at her. "What's up mom?"

She rubbed her hands together like an evil villain. "I have an idea for your training." She said.

I raised my eyebrow at her. "Okay fine, I hired someone to do it when you were in school." She rolled her eyes before running into the backyard.

I followed after her only for her to bark at me to go back inside.

All I saw was wood. I wonder what's going on back there?

Coming back inside I went up to my room wanting to change out of my school clothes.

I changed into a pair of black sweats and a matching jacket. I pulled on my Nike running shoes and went back downstairs.

This time when I stepped foot out the door, I wasn't told to leave mostly because she wasn't there. I looked around the back yard to see "she" had set up an obstacle course.