3 - You're Hiding Something

✧Previously on Chapter Two✧

Since Harry had agreed to working with Stan on their science project, he realized he had to actually go over to his house and spend time with the lad. So since the two of them planned to meet up today, Harry realized he had to spend the next few hours being with just Stan at his house. After school had ended, Harry followed the directions Stan had texted him to get properly to his house, which Harry realized was only a few streets over from his.

When Harry pulled up into the driveway of Stan's home, he saw Stan waiting for him on the stairs to the front porch. Harry smiled at him as he got out the car, walking over to Stan about the same time he stood up to greet Harry.

"Hey, bud," Stan greeted, eyes falling down towards Harry's chest with a frown. "You're wearing the necklace again?" He questioned slowly, almost as if he didn't mean to ask.

"Oh!" Harry squealed, protectively placing his hand on the pendant of the necklace and twirling it between his fingers, "I suppose so. It was a gift."

Stan squinted his eyes and stepped closer to Harry, leaning in to directly examine the piece of jewelry. "May I ask from who?"

Harry smiled, a pink tint coating his cheeks as he dreamingly glanced towards the woods beside Stan's house. "Someone very special," was his best response, quickly glancing back at Stan when he started to pull away.

"Very well," Stan grunted, offering Harry a small smile before he was guiding Harry into his home.

Harry followed Stan through the front doorway of his home and immediately paused once he was in the foyer. Harry had a strange feeling that was running through his body that made him feel slightly uneasy, and then a sudden, suffocating scent started filtering through his nose. The smell made him instantly reach up and grab the necklace around his neck, feeling his heart race in a way that made him nervous.

"What's that smell?" Harry asked as calmly as he could, trying not to let on that the smell was making him think of Blue.

Stan breathed out his nose and walked over towards the fire place in the living room. Harry raised an eyebrow and hesitantly followed behind, trying to ignore all the pictures of Stan and his family with knives and bows and arrows hung up all over the walls.

"Aconitum. It's a flower," Stan explained, taking a seat on the arm chair caddy-cornered to the fireplace.

Harry frowned at the name of the flower, since he's never heard it, before he was joining Stan on the couch next to the one he was on. Once Harry was sat, he was able to idly look around and observe the inside of Stan's home. It was an odd living space in a sense that the walls and the floors were wooden, there were no lights on the ceilings or the walls, only using a source of light from the fire or any candles placed around.

The house smelt rustic and strange, and Harry knew it had to do with the Aconitum and with the wooden structure everywhere. But it was the way the room was set up that was making Harry nauseous. There were deer heads place above the fire place and souvenir weapons displayed across the room, as if both were some sort of trophies Stan's family took pride in.

Harry continued to look around the room until his eyes landed on the carpet in front of his feet, feeling his face completely drain from color when he realized it was a skinned gray wolf's coat laying on the ground. Harry let out a brief gasp and quickly clutched his necklace, darting his eyes away and trying to avoid thinking about Blue being a rug.