14 - Ed

✧Previously on Chapter Thirteen✧

Author's Note: This is a chapter that make people really start to hate on Harry, but please see everything from his point of view. Not everything people come up with is always right or the best choice, but sometimes it's all they can think of to help in certain situations. Harry is still learning and developing himself in the werewolf world, so he doesn't know how his actions and decisions will directly affect/relate to Louis. So just keep this in mind before calling Harry an idiot or any other rude terms, pleeaassseee. Of course, people do have their opinions on characters and I fully respect that, but I've noticed a lot of people jump on Harry without realizing how overwhelming this might be for him.

Harry is a seventeen year old HUMAN. He's only been around werewolves for less than a year, and he got thrown right in the middle of a werewolf war. Not everyone is logical at seventeen.

Ed walked around the border of the town to check the safety status of everyone in and around the city. He made sure no unwanted wolves were lingering around to cause any harm, but he was also making sure no council member or human could be a potential hazard to Louis' plan. It was a risk for Louis to step out into town during the day, but if Louis played his cards right and stuck strictly to his path, then he wouldn't run into any trouble. There were certain parts that Louis was allowed in, and as long as he didn't wonder too far, then the council had no threat against him.

It was still midday as Ed followed the path that Louis had instructed him on. He knew Louis would start at Howl to eat lunch, go to the mall afterwards to spoil Harry and then end up at the family bakery by sunset to end the night with a sweet treat. So this was the route Ed was surveying to make sure everything was orderly. The restaurant was clear of any potential threats, and there was hardly anyone at the mall. The town was pretty much quiet for the most part other than a couple of children playing around in the park. If anything, Louis picked the perfect day to actually go on a date with Harry considering no humans or wolves would end up disrupting their moment.

After Ed checked the first two places, he started to walk towards the bakery. He knew this was the last stop on Louis' list because it held a special place in his heart, and it was one of the things that Louis was excited to show Harry. The bakery came with a lot of history and has been in this town for over hundreds of years. It had always been ran by a Tomlinson, and it had always been a peace keeping offering between the Crescent Moon pack and the Red Moon pack that helped alleviate their feud.

The doors chimed when Ed walked inside the bakery. He noticed there was a good crowd filling up the place and that Danielle had just finished serving a customer. Ed smiled at the person who had just finished ordering their sweets and replaced them to greet Danielle. Ed knew he had a couple more hours to kill before Louis would actually make his way there, so he figured chatting it up with Danielle and getting himself a free cupcake was the best distraction in the meantime.

Once the two of them spent a good half hour of just chatting and idly taking customer's orders, Ed had noticed a little boy walking through the doors by himself. Danielle raised an eyebrow and watched him carefully as he walked up next to Ed. He was a tiny little thing with a bright smile on his face, but Ed stood there waiting for some sort of parental figure to eventually show up and claim the child - which, that was something that never happened. This child was alone, and he seemed perfectly fine being alone for what looked to be a six year old.