18 - Few Hours Prior

✧Previously on Chapter Seventeen✧

Author's Note: I wanted to let you guys know that this chapter is kind of like a "flashback". This chapter happens in the time period of when Niall and Zayn took Harry home in the previous chapter. So if there is still confusion, let me know and I'll try to help some more (:

Enjoy xx

Few hours prior

Once Harry stepped foot out of the cabin, he knew something felt off. He wanted to push it aside and let it simply be his worries about the war that were overwhelming him, but there was something else that was settling within him that made his worries escalate. He started to feel even more uneasy as he began his walk home, both Niall and Zayn walking perfectly calm on either side of him like they weren't about to go to war themselves. Harry seemed more stressed and worried than they were, and all he was doing was fleeing town.

It's just - Harry felt like he could feel Louis' distress. It was like he could feel every tense muscle in Louis' body that was putting a heavy weight on top of his shoulders. He could feel everything, and it simply reminded Harry just how strong his connection with Louis truly was if he could feel every ounce of stress that was weighing him down. They weren't even fully bonded yet, but Harry knew that this had to have came from being Louis' soulmate, something he still couldn't believe was a thing.

Harry used to read stories all the time about fairytales and people finding their one true love, but Harry always thought it was just that - just a fairytale. He never knew that finding your soulmate was an actual thing that could happen, and he also didn't know it was a supernatural force that drove the two halves together to restore the balance of nature. It was crazy that some boy like himself became a part of all that mythical nonsense, but well, there he was, letting his soulmate run off to battle to risk his life while he fled town.

It was making Harry feel nauseous.

Harry remained quiet for the remainder of the walk. He tried to busy his mind by admiring all the trees that were around them, and maybe trying to memorize the path from the cabin to his house, but soon enough they were crossing the line that divided the woods from the town, and they were stepping foot on to Harry's backyard. Harry stopped walking once they were on his property, stepping forward and turning around so he could look at both Niall and Zayn.

"What's a soulmate?" Harry finally asked, furrowing his eyebrows together when he noticed Zayn twisting his lips to the side.

"It has to due with magic that was used back in mythological times," Zayn replied.

"Yeah, I get that." Harry blew air past his lips. "But like - I remember Dan and Simon saying that the only way to take Louis down is by killing me, otherwise he would be too powerful. So I guess I'm wondering how does this soulmate business make Louis strong?"

"Well, that's the thing. It's magical," Niall added in, tilting his head to the side as he continued. "Magic was used to make werewolves, but magic was also used to separate two souls. So if you had two souls, one a werewolf and one a human, the nature in that would be the wolf spending their life protecting their soulmate."

"So-" Harry drug out, still not fully comprehending what they were trying to explain.

"You're bringing two souls together," Niall clarified. "It's a supernatural phenomenon when you find your soulmate, especially if it's a werewolf - human pairing. The connection that draws the two halves together is the strongest when they're together - when they're mated - which is why it would make Louis more powerful. When the two of you bond, you're restoring the balance of nature and having another supernatural force driving your guy's connection. It would take a lot for someone to destroy that connection, almost impossible since there are so many forces that want to hold that bond together."