12 - I'm Seventeen

✧Previously on Chapter Ten✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Mentions of blood
- Minor graphic descriptions of injuries
- Character death ):

Author's Note: So, yes, I included an odd scene of Harry and Louis going to a specific shop, and I really have no reasoning behind it. I thought it was fun to write in and kind of to tease you guys a little. It truly was a random scene I wanted to add, and I definitely don't regret it (:

Harry walked down the stairs and stopped at the bottom step when he realized what was in the living room. Anne truly out did herself, just like she did every year, but this was no exception. Anne made it seem like Harry was hitting a milestone in life when in reality, he was just turning seventeen. There was nothing special about that age. It just meant he had to wait a whole 365 days until he was eighteen, and that was the truly big year for him. But seventeen, Harry couldn't be the least bit excited for.

Anne had decorated the living room for Harry's birthday. She had a banner hanging over the mantle with a one and a seven balloon stand on either side of the fireplace. She even went as far as perfectly stacking Harry's presents right in front of the banner and balloons just to have a designated spot dedicated for Harry and his gifts. Harry didn't even want to talk about the baby posters Anne had hung up on the wall just for pure amusement, but he did appreciate what his mother did for him. He always did, even if he thought it was a bit excessive, he loved it.

Harry heard noise coming from the kitchen, so he walked in there to see what else his mother had planned. He stepped through the doorway and smiled when she pulled a freshly cooled and baked cake out of the fridge before carefully setting it on the counter. She had her piping bags already filled with icing and looked as if she was ready to decorate the cake, but she paused when she heard Harry walking into the room.

Anne sat her stuff down and walked straight to Harry, wrapping her arms tightly around his body and smushing him against her own. "Happy Birthday my baby. Oh my goodness you're growing up too fast.

"Mum," Harry groaned dramatically, trying to slowly weasel his way out from his mother's arms, but Anne held tighter and began laughing when Harry kept struggling.

"Oh , Harry. No matter how old and big you become, you'll always be my baby. Don't you forget that." Anne finally pulled back and settled with pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead. "Anyways, I tried getting the cake baked before I left for work, I know how much you like to ice it."

"Thanks, mum," Harry smiled in return, walking up to the counter and looking at the variety of icing colors his mother already made.

"I'm sorry I can't stay home and celebrate with you."

"It's okay, I think Ed and Louis wanted to do something today anyways," Harry quickly reassured, feeling his own excitement grow at knowing that he would be spending the majority of the day with Louis. Of course he was excited to see Ed, he was Harry's best friend for god's sake, but Harry always saw Ed so he was looking more forward to spending time with the boyfriend he hardly saw over.

He still loved them both though, maybe one over the other, but Harry doesn't choose favorites.

"That's perfect," Anne cheered happily, almost sounding relieved at knowing Harry had plans for the day.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Harry quickly rushed out of the kitchen and opened the front door in a hasty motion to greet his friend. He saw Ed standing there with a smile on his face and a birthday box in his hands. Harry raised his eyebrow and stepped aside so Ed could walk through, cautiously eyeing the present that he had and felt his own smile breaching.