22 - Emotions

✧Previously on Chapter Twenty One✧

The moon shined brightly at its apex point in the sky and was casting a warm glow through the trees of the woods. The only other light helping give sight to the area were the row of torches creating an aisle in between the sections of chairs. There were flower petals sprinkled across the ground and caskets lined up at the front of the area so every wolf sitting in the audience had a good view of the warriors who lost their life in battle. Thankfully, it was only six wolves, including Ed, who didn't make it, so they didn't have a lot of members they needed to bury. It was the only bright side to everything that was happening.

The warriors that laid there were a special contribution to the success in Louis' pack. They were part of the reason why the Crescent Wolves were free to roam around and live their lives without fear of an enemy pack coming after them. The wolves that lied there were some of the hardest working and most dedicated to the protection of the pack, and Louis knew this had to be one of the hardest parts about being an alpha. He had to deal with the loss of his pack, but he also had to remain poised and strong for everyone else so that he could be the leader they looked up to. But, it was hard because in those caskets was also where Ed laid, one of his best friends - one of Harry's best friends, and that right there was already hard enough for Louis to remain the strong alpha he was supposed to be.

Harry and Louis were stood next to each other on the opposite side of the caskets to the audience. They had their hands locked tightly in each other's hold while they stood in their spots so every member of the pack could walk by the caskets and pay their respects. Harry tried his best to hide his tears, but with how crazy his emotions have been over the past few days, he couldn't suppress them. He freely let himself sob into Louis' shoulder while Louis did his best to calm him down with a firm hand pressed to the base of his back. It was enough to reduce Harry to quiet sobs, but not enough to stop him all together.

Robin and Anne were at the memorial as well, standing off to the side and watching as the last bit of Louis' pack passed through the line of the caskets. Harry knew his mother was crying by the way he caught her every now and then wiping at her eyes. Robin kept his arm firmly wrapped around her waist and pulled her against his chest. Louis briefly looked over there as well and let out a sigh when he noticed Anne crying, but when he looked up at Robin and saw his shoulder shrug, he knew this was the price to pay to being the alpha of any pack. Losing members was just inevitable, and Louis knew that his pack's strength at handling everything reflected off of him, so he needed to make sure that he did everything right to ensure his pack that they would all be okay - that they would all heal from the losses.

Liam and Lottie were over by Louis and Harry, but they were off to the side to make sure they didn't get in the way once the memorial actually started. Niall, Zayn, Luke, Ashton, Calum and Micheal were close by as well. Since they were the lead Lambdas and Etas, they had the pack's honor of carrying the caskets over to the burial grounds for the Crescent Moon members to lay them peacefully down in the open ground.

It took awhile before all the pack members passed through the line of caskets. Ellie was one of the last ones who walked by because she wanted to spend her time looking at Ed once last time. She paused at where he laid and looked over where his dead body was resting. He was thankfully cleaned up of any wounds and done up to look a little bit more lively. Ellie reached her hand out and ran her fingers along the lining of Ed's jaw before she was closing her eyes and letting the last bit of tears in the corner of her eyes run down her face. She finally opened them again after a few seconds and ended up placing a small picture in between Ed's fingers, letting out a small sob before she was pressing a kiss to her fingers and resting them on Ed's forehead.