8 - Are You Okay

✧Previously on Chapter Seven✧

Harry knew he had a right to worry since he met Louis' pack, and ever since that night, he had been fumbling around to figure out what it was that was driving him to craziness. He made a list. He made a mental list of things that made Harry realize something was unusual and odd, and the first thing Harry could trace back to off the top of his head was the night Louis had actually invited him. It started off when Louis gave Harry a formal invitation to meet the pack rather than asking him in person, and Harry didn't know if it was because Louis was nervous to do so, or if that was just what the pack did. But the upmost concerning thing Harry remembered was how tense and shaken Louis was when he came to briefly visit.

Harry couldn't figure out why Louis had been acting the way he had if all he was doing was dropping off the invitation, and Harry even tried to weigh his options too before automatically assuming the worse. He really did consider that maybe Louis was genuinely nervous in having Harry meet the whole pack. There was a chance that Harry and the pack wouldn't get along or something could have happened considering Harry was a human in a cabin full of wolves, but even then, when Harry started to add up everything, he wondered if Louis' nerves were tied in to the actual fact that Harry had to meet the pack now. Which, that was another of Harry's concern.

Louis may claim that they're taking another step in the mating ritual so when the time came they would be prepared, but none of it added up when just a week before, Louis was pretty persistent in waiting until Harry was eighteen. There had to be a reason as to why Louis would skip waiting to go through with a mini step in the mating ritual. This had to be the connection to when Louis was acting nervous that night. It didn't entirely make sense to Harry, and he wasn't sure what was even going on, but even with his limited knowledge on the werewolf world, he was able to figure out that something big was about to happen, and that whatever that something is was forcing Louis to push for the ritual quicker.

And if Harry already had enough to worry about, there was Ed still lingering in the back of his mind. Ever since Ed showed up late to dinner looking stressed and completely uneasy, he had been more alert on his feet since. Ed may have been adamant about Harry his necklace beforehand, but now, he was going batshit crazy to make sure Harry always had it on. He even went as far as showing up to Harry's house every morning to guarantee that Harry didn't leave the house without that piece of jewelry around his neck.

Plus, another thing, Ed was always on alert with everything. If a twig so much as snapped, or if a sudden sound was heard off in the distance, Ed would jump on his toes and push Harry protectively behind his body. It was hard for Harry to ignore these minor details he picked up from Ed, but when Harry started to notice the same things in Louis, it was even harder for him to try to not worry at all. It had barely been a week since The Crescent Moon dinner, and it was crazy how much had changed and how much Harry had noticed since then.

Louis was even acting different around Harry as well. Normally he would visit Harry at night to fall asleep with him, but now Harry would come home from school and see Louis waiting for him on his front porch. It was a pleasant surprise at first, but the more Harry noticed how much Louis was trying to get his body around the house, the more Harry was starting to realize that Louis was trying to get his scent in every corner of Harry's home. They spent time in the living room watching movies or playing games, sometimes in the kitchen where Louis would get Harry to bake for him, but their time together started to expand beyond Harry's room, and Harry didn't understand what was going on outside of their house that made Louis want to mark his scent everywhere.