Prologue

So My Last Day On Earth Started Like This,

One whole year. A whole year with the best girl in the world. I thought to myself as I got out of bed. Technically it was also my 17th birthday but that didn't matter. One year ago me and Annabeth defeated Kronos, we also officially became boyfriend and girlfriend. She was the most amazing girl in the world.

I looked at my alarm clock. Oh gods, it was 8:10. I was supposed to meet Annabeth at the docks ten minutes ago. I threw on my camp t-shirt, some jeans and ran towards the docks.

It was at least 8:15 by the time I got there. I saw her talking to one of the new kids. They didn't seem to notice me.

"...I just don't know if he takes our relationship serious. He's almost always late, and he's always making jokes. I can never have an actual conversation about our relationship with him." Annabeth said.

"Well, if it were me I would just break it off with him. He clearly doesn't respect you enough to be on time." The new kid said. Why that little...

"Well, let's just see how today go's. But thanks for the advice Nate." Annabeth said. They still didn't notice me. Nate walked towards the dining pavilion. How did he not see me? I was just standing there. I walked up to Annabeth.

"Sorry I'm late Annabeth. I swear someone is tampering with my alarm clock." I said.

"Uh huh." Was all she said. She seemed to be deep in thought.
We stood staring at the water for awhile.

"Percy?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you..." She started to say but then finished with, "Nevermind."

"What?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter." She said. I reached into my pocket and handed her something. It was an anniversary present I got her. A book that she had been wanting for a couple months. She could never find it anywhere. What she didn't know was that my mom had a copy that she didn't need anymore. She unwrapped it and gasped. Then she threw her arms around me.

"You do listen." She exclaimed. She kissed my cheek and pulled out a small box. I opened it and found a picture frame and about a thousand blue candies. The picture was a picture of me Grover and Annabeth at Medusa's lair, or as she called it Aunty Em's Garden Emporium on our first quest. Then the picture changed. We were in the back of the animal car. It changed several times showing all of my friends on quests we've been on. It even showed the time Zoe, Grover, Thalia, and I were at the hoover dam, When I swung my sword at Rachel.

"How did you get these!?" I asked amazed.

"Deadalus's laptop had a program that can go into any camera or satillite. And Thalia helped me a bit." She said. I pulled her close and kissed her.

"Happy birthday." She whispered.

"Happy anniversary." I whispered back. She smiled.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her.

"Well. Maybe we can go on a walk. I know a great trail through the woods." Annabeth suggested. I smiled. I don't really like walks but if it was with Annabeth I didn't mind.

"Lead the way." I said. She smiled. I guess she forgot about me being late. Or the whole Nate thing. Hopefully she forgot about Nate. Anytime I'm near him I always feel like he's about to shove a dagger through my neck or something.

We walked through a flowery area in the woods. The nymphs must like this area. There was at least seven dozen different types of flowers.

"Percy?" Annabeth said. I realized she was staring at me.

I said something intelligent like, "Wha?"  She laughed.

"I asked if you were ok. You've seemed...Distant the last few days." She said.

"Um...Yeah. I'm fine. Just.." I said. She looked me, locking eyes with me.

"Nightmares." She guessed. I nodded.

"What are they about?" She asked. I wanted to confront her about the whole Nate thing but I wasn't sure how.

"It's all just a blur. One of the new kids keep popping back into my head." I said.

"Which one?"

"Nate. The tall brown haired guy." I said.

"I know who Nate is." She said.

"I know....What were you guys talking about at the dock?" I asked. Annabeth froze.

"I was just asking for advice. I have a friend....Who has trouble with her boyfriend..." She lied.

"Yeah. So your going to see how today go's. Decide whether or not to break up with your friends boyfriend." I said. Annabeth stopped in her tracks.

"Percy.." She started to say but I stopped her.

"So you wanted to see if I was good enough today. On our Anniversary, on my birthday!?" I said.

"Listen Percy. I promise I wasn't going to do anything...I just...You've been so distant lately and I didn't know what to do-"

"So instead of talking to me about it you went to another guy." I said.

"It's not what it seems, he's just..."

"You know what I'll make the decision easy for you. Goodbye Annabeth." I said and I walked out the Forest. I could hear her calling after me but I didn't look back. I went back to my cabin, locked the door and laid in bed.

Around sunset I decided to go to the dock. Maybe I would go for a swim later. Or see if Blackjack is up for a fly into Manhattan. The sunset was beautiful. I guess that's the only good thing I get today. I threw the picture frame into the water. It sunk to the bottom in middle of the canoe lake. I stood up to leave. As I turned I saw Annabeth and she was with Nate. When she saw me her eyes widened.

"Percy it's not what it looks like.." She said. I got up and ran towards the edge of camp. Never wanting to see her face again.

After running for at least 3 miles I stopped. Thank the gods I had water. I sat down to collect my thoughts. I left most of my stuff behind. My sword always reappeared in my pocket but for some reason riptide was still absent. My shield was still at camp. Oh well. It reminded me of Annabeth. And I don't want anymore of her. I have no spare clothes, no food. I could always go home, but Annabeth might think of that. No, I had to start a new life somewhere else. I stood up and decided to go west. The last place Annabeth would suspect me to go was west. It's to close to Hades. But maybe I could hide there. Stay by beach. It would be safe there. Being close to dad.

I heard a noise behind me. I went for my sword but it was still gone. I turned and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down and saw the sword straight threw my heart.