The Fight

As soon as we got to the border we jumped right into battle mode. The Campers were attacking randomly, but they seemed to be doing a decent job. I started telling orders at my squad.

"Star, Angel go right! Beauty, Forge go left! Nightmare help the Demeter kids!" I yelled. Annabeth seemed to be holding her own. She dissolved ten hellhounds surrounding her. I tried to make my way over to her, I always fought better when she was by my side, but the monsters kept blocking me from reaching her. There were all kinds of monsters, Telekhines, Griffins, Harpies, hellhounds, there were even birds shooting razor sharp feathers at us. As I fought may way towards Annabeth I realized she was using my shield. The one Tyson had made me after our trip in the sea of monsters. I could have sworn I saw it in my old cabin when we got here. I slowly managed to make my way to her. She sliced through a dozen dracaenae. We stood back to back as monsters closed in on us. There was to many. We couldn't keep fighting like this for much longer. I could see Annabeth was already tired.

"What now?" She asked.

"Keep fighting, worst comes to worst we can spend eternity in Elysium." I said.

"That's helpful." She muttered.

"Hey!"

"Seaweed brain."

"Let's just focus on fighting." I said. I charged the monsters closest to me. For some reason all the monsters seemed to easy. Only one hit kill. But there were so many of them. Once one monster was down three more took its place. As I fought I heard a loud noise behind me. Annabeth had cried out in pain. I quickly turned and saw an arrow in her shoulder. She dropped her dagger. The arrow had somehow pierced her armor.

"Annabeth!" I said as I ran to her side. I handed her some ambrosia. Then I turned around and fought off the nearby monsters. Annabeth couldn't use her, or rather, my shield anymore so she gave it to me.

"Did you ask to use my shield?" I said as she handed it to me.

"I'm asking now." She said. And we continued to fight the monsters. Annabeth was a little slower than before but she managed to keep fighting. The arrow in her shoulder made it harder for her to dodge monsters. That's when I started thinking, who shot her? The Apollo campers Were on the other side of the army of monsters, and the hunters all had the same arrows, and this definitely wasn't a hunter arrow. I looked around. None of the monsters had a bow. Then I had another thought.

"Annabeth. Who's leading this attack?" I asked. She stabbed another monster before answering.

"I'm not sure. Titan maybe?"

"Wouldn't we see him somewhere?"

"I'm not sure." Annabeth admitted. We fought off monsters for a bit. Then realized something.

"Annabeth, when were playing capture the flag what do you do to win?" I asked.  She looked at me confused.

"Take the enemy flag..?"

"No, I mean when your team captain. What do you do to win?"

"I send out a group to distract the other team, that way I can go in and capture the flag unnoticed.
She said. She didn't get it at first but when she did her eyes widened.

"The army is a distraction." She said.

"So who is the threat, and what are they after?" I asked.

"I'm. Not sure. Maybe there's someone or something they're after." Annabeth said.

"We need to get back into camp." I said. She nodded. I noticed she was still in pain.

"First let's find an Apollo camper." I said. She nodded.

We made our way through the monsters and found a healer at the edge of the fight. As soon as he saw us he pulled out necter, bandages, and a couple other things. Within minutes the arrow was out and Annabeth's shoulder was wrapped up.

"Just try not to get hurt again. Today is already going to be a busy day." The Apollo camper said. Then he rushed to help another Kid. We ran into camp. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, aside from it being abandoned due to all the campers fighting at the border. We ran all over trying to find anything suspicious. After awhile we assumed we were wrong and we started to walk back to the border.

"I really thought there would be someone." I said kind of upset.

"Yeah, I really thought you were on to something." She said. Then she stopped in her tracks.

"What is it?" I asked looking all around us.  She pointed to the border. Campers where fighting monsters just as they were before.

"Yeah...There fighting monsters, just like they were when we left." I said. She shook her head.

"The monsters, they're not the same." She said. I looked closer and noticed they were fighting Myrmekes, the giant ants that lived in the camp Forest. They hadn't been there before.

"That means..."

"...The ant hill is empty." Annabeth said finishing my sentence.

"All the treasure in there..." I said.

"Someone is after all that treasure!" Annabeth said. We looked at each other, then ran into the forest.