The Truth

Annabeth's pov

Thalia was pissed. Yelled at me for at least an hour.

"....And what were you thinking!? You don't even know who he is! He could be an enemy! What if he's using you!?" She yelled.

"Well, I was thinking that percy is dead and I should accept that." I said. Thalia gasped.

"Your giving up!?" Thalia said.

"No, I just think that maybe I should move on. I am still going to look for him but I think that it may be better if I move on. When I saw him in the picture frame I saw him with a girl. And he seemed happy. And If you really cared you would want him to be happy." I said. Thalia stared at me. I started to leave the cabin.

"What really happened that day?" Thalia asked. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?"

"Tell me. What really happened. The day that he died." Thalia said again.

"I told you, he was going to his mom and someone killed him." I lied.

"Don't give me that bullshit. Tell me the truth." Thalia said.

"I...I did." I hesitated. She stared at me.

"Fine. I'll...tell you." I said. How did she know I was lying?

"Your telling me too." Misty said from outside the cabin.

"What?"

"Your telling me. He was my brother. I want to know what happened to him." Misty said.

"No." I said. She gave me an angry look.

"He wanted me to ask." She said.

"What? Who?" I said.

"Percy, I saw him in a dream a couple nights ago. He told me to ask you to tell the truth. To everyone." Misty said. She was lying. She had the same lying expression as Percy.

"Your lying." I said.

"If I was lying would I have this?" She said then she brought riptide out of her pocket. "He gave it to me. As proof." She tossed riptide to me. I uncapped it and it grew into Percy's sword. Then I capped riptide and handed.

"Fine. I'll tell you." I said.

After explaining it to them they were both silent. Misty kept staring at riptide. Thalia just looked at the floor.

"That's why he never came back." Thalia finally said.

"What?" I asked.

"I always wondered why he didn't come back if he was alive." Thalia said.

"Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than your original story." Misty said. We all were silent for a for a long time.