Mom

I woke up around six o'clock entangled in Annabeth's arms. We kissed last night! I can't believe the one person I always told myself I would hate forever I actually kissed her last night. And I didn't want it to end. I loved every moment of it. I slowly got up and went out to find something to eat.

After about an hour I managed to find some wild chicken eggs. The chickens themselves were nowhere to be seen. I went back to the camp and started the fire again. And I cooked some eggs. I am so glad Silena taught me how to cook something. Thank you daughter of Aphrodite. Annabeth got up after awhile. I handed her some food.

"How did you make this?" She asked.

"Found some food and I cooked it." I said. She smiled and ate. We sat in silence for about an hour. Then I heard a car pull up. It was Paul's Prius. And my mom was driving.

"Good, she's here. We can get back to camp." Annabeth said. When mom saw me she did a double take. I shook my head when Annabeth wasn't looking.

"Hi Annabeth, Who's your friend...?" Mom asked.

"Oh Sally this is Omega, Omega this is Sally Jackson." Annabeth said. It felt weird to shake my mom's hand but we managed to look somewhat normal. Then we got in the car. Annabeth sat shotgun.

"Thanks for picking us up sally, if you hadn't we would have had to walk." Annabeth said.

"Anything for you dear. So that car that was at the rest stop..." Mom started to say.

"Oh, right. We needed a way to get to here from Illinois. And we...borrowed a car." Annabeth said. Mom looked in the rearview mirror and glared at me. It took all my courage not to laugh. She couldn't yell at me.

"Well next time try not to steal a car. Unless the owner said you can use it." She said still glaring at me. Annabeth did seem to notice.

"Sorry Mrs. Jackson." I said innocently. I almost blew it right there but Annabeth started talking. She talked about our trip. She excluded the drinking part and the kiss. While she did that I pretended to be asleep.

"Well that was nice of him to take you to a museum." Mom said. "Any luck on finding Percy?"

"Sadly no. I have no leads. I was hoping that maybe the chaos soldiers might help while they were here but I don't know where we'd even look." Annabeth said.

"Well, sometimes the answers are right infront of you, all you have to do is look harder." Mom said.

"Do you think he chose rebirth?" Annabeth's asked.

"Well, I'm not sure if he did or didn't but I'm sure you'll find him soon." Mom said.

"Well I did have this dream..It said the missing hero would be unmasked." Annabeth said.

"Well when you find him be sure to visit." Mom said. Then she pulled over. We were already at camp. We all got out. Annabeth gave mom a hug.

"Thanks. I promise I will tell you when I find him." Annabeth said. Then we started to walk but before we could mom engulfed me in a hug.

"See me before you leave." She whispered so quietly in my ear that I almost didn't hear it. Mom was on the verge of tears. Annabeth stared at us.

"Um.." she said.

"If he's a chaos warrior I'll never see him again, I wanted to give him a proper goodbye." Mom said. Annabeth nodded.

Then me and Annabeth walked into camp. I realized I was quietly crying. I wiped my face and kept walking. As soon as we got into camp Thalia saw us. The ran towards us. She aimed a bow at my head.

"You! Why did you take Annabeth!?" She asked furiously.

"He didn't take me we...were in Oregon and he helped me get back here. If it wasn't for him I'd be dead." Annabeth said. Thalia slowly lowered her bow. She glared at me.

"Let's go back to the cabin and you can tell me the details." Thalia said.

"Ok. One second." Annabeth said then she leaned over and kissed my cheek. Thalia stared at her with shock. Even I was surprised. She technically wasn't supposed to show affection towards men. Since she was a hunter. But she didn't seem to care about this rule. Thalia glared at me. Then at Annabeth. Then they went back to there cabin. And I did the same.