The Big Reveal

"Percy!?" Annabeth said. She ran towards me but before she got to my a sharp pain hit my chest. The same place it had the first time I died. Nate had shot me. I fell to the ground. If I hadn't just gotten shot I probably be cursing myself for not paying attention to an enemy. I should have been watching him but instead I was to busy worrying about my hood. Annabeth ran to my side. She pulled out some ambrosia.

"There's no use Annabeth. He's dead, again." Nate said. He started to laugh. Thalia ran straight at him and stabbed him with her spear and he fell to the ground. Before I could see what else happened I blacked out.

In all honesty, I felt like shit. I don't like using swear words but I can't describe it any other way. First I found out someone who I thought was my friend killed me, then Annabeth saw my face, then I get shot in the same place I got stabbed. So saying that I felt 'bad' didn't really cut it. Every breath I took my chest hurt more and more. I realized I was in the infirmary. And someone was talking to me.

"...I really should have noticed sooner." The voice said. "You knew pretty much everything. The blue power aid, fixing the water machine, the mueseum, your mom. I guess I'm not as smart as I think." It was Annabeth. Was she talking to me while I was unconscious?

"I understand if you don't want to stay. What I did, it was unforgivable." She said. She was crying.

"It-It wasn't your fault." I said weakly. I tried to sit up but my chest hurt to much. Annabeth jumped. I guess she didn't think I was awake.

"Don't sit up!" Annabeth said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Annabeth."

"Yes Percy?" Annabeth said. She didn't meet my eyes.

"After I blacked out what happened? Where's Nate?"

"Dead."

"I thought he was immortal." I said.

"He lied. He was using the mist to make him look younger." Annabeth said.

"He didn't deserve a swift death after all he's done." I said.

"He didn't get a swift death. Thalia made sure of that. It was kind of scary." Annabeth admitted.

"And Eclipse?" I asked afraid of the answer. Even if she was the one who killed me I still could help but feel worried. She was my friend....I think.

"We were going to wait till after she woke up. Figure out the truth." Annabeth said. I nodded.
Annabeth helped me sit up. Then she handed me a glass of necter. It tasted the same it did the first time I had it. Like my mom's homemade blue chocolate chip cookies. Ever since I left it hadn't tasted like that. I was glad it had tasted like it used to. After I drank a bit I handed it back to Annabeth.

"Thanks." I said. She nodded. We were both silent for awhile.

"Annabeth." I said.

"Yes Percy." Annabeth said again. She still didn't meet my eyes.

"I'm... I'm sorry I didn't believe you." I said.

"What?" She said looking at me. Her gray eyes fresh of tears.

"When you said that there was nothing between you and Nate. I should have believed you." I said.

"Percy..." Annabeth said but she started to cry.

"I'm so sorry! I should have told you..." Annabeth said crying.

"I should have told you what was wrong, I thought I could handle it by myself, I should have just told you." I said I realized I was also crying. Annabeth hugged me. Instead of hugging her back I winced in pain. She was pushing on my wound.

"Percy!" She said quickly sitting up. "I'm sorry."

"It...It's ok...I'm ok." I said but my wound still burned with pain. Must have been some sort of poison.

"So, who all knows about me?" I asked.

"Just me, Thalia, Chiron, Misty,
an Apollo camper, and I think Rachel and Grover know." Annabeth said.  I nodded.

"Do you want to talk to one of them?" Annabeth asked. I shook my head.

"If you don't mind I'm going to get some sleep. Can you make sure no one...You know." I said. She nodded. I laid down, closed my eyes and fell asleep.