I Can't Believe I Did That

Annabeth's pov

After a long day of disappointment I just wanted to go home. We found out Luke was Alpha but he insisted on not letting his secret slip, so he decided not to hang out with us. Me and Thalia couldn't believe that after all the three of us had been through that he would just bail on us. Although I guess it was probably a good ideas that people didn't know who he was. Especially after the whole titan war thing. I went back to the cabins to take a nap when I decided to visit a friend.

I went up to cabin three and knocked on the door. When the door opened Misty stood in the doorway.

"Hey Annabeth." She said.

"Hey." I said. When I joined the hunters they agreed to visit camp once a year on Percy's Birthday. One time we arrived and I met Misty. At first I thought she was Percy and he had grown his hair out long. Misty seemed so similar to Percy in so many ways. They even had the same personality. So me and her became friends.

"What's up?" Misty said as she set something on one of the beds.

"Nothing I just wanted to....I don't know. It's just..."

"You wanted to talk to Percy but you realized he wasn't hear so you found the next best thing." Misty said finishing my sentence.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"It's kind of obvious Annabeth. Plus your the second person to do that today." She said.

"What?"

"Yeah two of the chaos soldiers came in here and said a friend told them to find Percy." She said.

"Which ones?"

"I don't know, I think their names were Mega and Clips." Misty said.

"Omega and Eclipse?"

"Yeah. They were acting all weird. And Omega was staring at me all funny." Misty said.

"But they said they didn't know who Percy was." I said.

"Maybe they were lying." Misty said.

"Yeah." I said. I realized I was staring at the thing that misty had put on the bed, Percy's bed. The thing looked like a frame. I picked it up and saw that it was my birthday/anniversary present to Percy.

"How did you find this?" I asked.

"I don't know I was swimming and I saw in the lake." She said. The screen flickered and showed a picture of Percy that I had never seen before. He was standing with a girl I had never seen before. She had red-brown hair, an Autumn brown hood, and black jeans. They both had smiles on their face. He seemed just a little older than he was when I last saw him. Was this him now!? Where was he!? And Who was she!?!  The next picture showed a map. And there was an X about a mile out of camp. Was that where he was!? I had to find him. It was still daytime. And I was going to find him.

As soon as I arrived at the place I realized it was a bar? A bar!? What was Percy doing at a bar? I looked around and only saw older people. All adults. And none of them were Percy. My heart sank and I decided to sit at the bar.

"Ain't you a little young to be drinking Miss Annabel?" A familiar voice asked. Behind the counter was the camp director himself, Mr. D.

"I'm twenty seven. And it's Annabeth." I said.

"Right right. I forgot your a hunter now. Wheres Johnson?" He asked.

"Do you mean Jackson?" I asked.

"Whatever." He said.

"I thought he'd be here? Have you seen him?" I asked. Doubtful Mr. D would help me with anything.

"Naw. He disappeared a long time ago." Mr D said.

"Then why did you ask where he was?"

"I thought you might've known. He is your boyfriend after all." Mr. D said.

"No. I don't know. I thought I saw him in a picture here but I guess I was wrong." I said.

"Well maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Maybe I put those pictures in your magic frame so that you would relax." Mr. D said.

"What?" I said.

"Here." He said handing me a drink.

"You put those pictures in the frame!?" I said.

"Yeah. Now maybe you should worry less about that and just chill out a bit. Maybe you'll see him maybe you won't." Mr. D said. Then he went off to help another customer. I stared at the drink he handed me. Then I lifted the cup to my lips and drank.