Murderer On Trial

I woke up with a start, sitting up and breathing heavily. Of course I had nightmares. After I joined chaos army I didn't have nightmares. Once I camp back to camp I had nightmares again but they usually weren't that bad. Now that my identity was revealed my past started to come back. First it was the necter now the nightmares. I winced in pain as I shot up. As I woke up I guess I was being loud because I woke up Annabeth who as fell asleep in her chair.

"Wha-what?" She said sleepily. She noticed I was awake. And sitting up.

"What wrong?" She asked worried.

"It's nothing, just a nightmare." I said.

"Your sweating." She said.

"It's nothing. Really." I said.

"Percy, you told me earlier that you wanted to be honest with me. Instead of being distant." Annabeth said.

"I..." I started to say but I stopped. I was going to tell her that it didn't matter. That I would only be here until the end of the war. But as I looked into her eyes I knew I couldn't say no.

"Just some things from my past." I said and I explained it to her.

"You were eaten by a giant teddy bear?" Annabeth asked confused.

"Luke stole my pillow pet. Then he enchanted it so it would come to life. The pillow pet wasn't happy. So I ended up spending up the night in his stomach acid." I explained.

"And you had a nightmare about that?" Annabeth asked.

"The stomach acid wasn't the most pleasant thing to bathe in." I complained. She put a hand on my shoulder.

"It wasn't full of stuffing?" She asked. I glared at her. She put her hands up in surrender.

"Ok ok, just curious." She said trying not to smile.

"Sorry. I shouldn't make fun." Annabeth said smiling.

"No, it's fine. I'm having horrible nightmares and your cracking jokes." I said.

"I'm sorry Percy, it's not everyday you here about someone who was eaten by a teddy bear." Annabeth said.

"Shut up wise girl." I said.

"Oh, were using nicknames again?" Annabeth asked. I smirked. Before I could answer I heard a noise across the room. I jumped. Annabeth said that she had made sure anyone who was injured was taken somewhere else. We agreed that my identity should still be a secret for now.

"Ugh...Where am I?" The voice asked. The person sat up. It was Eclipse!? She looked around and locked her eyes on me. When she saw me she seemed to jump. She tried to get up but her wound, like mine, her wound prevented her from moving.

"Eclipse." I said. She said nothing.

"Eclipse!" I said again. She still said nothing. Her hood was gone.

"I'm... I'm so sorry." She said faintly.

"What Nate said. Was it true?" I asked her. She didn't answer me.

"Was it!?"

"I'm so so sorry Percy?" She said again.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled. "If your not gone by tomorrow morning I swear by Styx I'll kill you!"

"Perc-Omega I can explain...."

"I don't want to here it. If I ever see you again..." I said but I stopped. Annabeth put a hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down." She said.

"Annabeth, she murdered me! She's the reason why I haven't seen you in ten years! Ten years I blamed you for my death but it wasn't you! It was her!" I yelled.

"Percy. You have to calm down. Maybe it was her fault, maybe it wasn't but we need to here her side of this before we jump to any conclusions." Annabeth said calmly.

"Annabeth, she killed me. Dead. She tried to get me for herself." I said angirly. Annabeth took a deep breath.

"Listen, I get that she ruined everything but she has the right to talk. And it's not like your gone forever. We're together again." Annabeth said.

"You don't get it do you. I can't stay. I have to go back to chaos. I'm dead. After this war is over I have to leave. And unless I have another mission on earth then I'll never see you again." I said. Annabeth just seemed to realize I couldn't stay. She looked at me, then at eclipse, then at me again.

"I'm sorry," Eclipse said again. "It doesn't matter. You'll never see me again." Eclipse stood up, despite her wound probably burning with pain. And she ran out of the room. I'm glad I didn't want to go after her. If I tried I probably would have keeled over from the pain. Running wouldn't be a good idea right now.

Annabeth faced away from me, lost on thought. I decided to do what any good undead boyfriend would do. So I got up, ignoring the pain and wrapped my arms around her. She jumped in surprise. Then she turned to face me. And I kissed her.