05. "nice curve, pretty face"

Note: This story is a daddykink fanfiction and not like one of those 'adopted by 5sos' books. I know it might not seem very kinky now because their relationship is leaning more towards DDLG, but that's just how they are and I promise things will progress. Thank you :-)

LUKE

The next morning is hectic because I wake up late and Sophie's not next to me. I force myself to stumble out of the covers, amble along to the kitchen part of the tourbus, make myself a quick cup of coffee and chug it as fast as I can before I go on a hunt for the little girl sleeping so peacefully next to me the night before.

I have an interview today and it's not until I catch sight of a very pissed off looking Sadie that I realize. My eyes go wide as hers narrow; it's a very big thing for the band and I'm almost always late to the things we have scheduled. I like to think that it's because I'm a very busy person but Sophie argues that it's because I'm lazy and won't do anything until the last minute. Which I suppose is true.

"Seriously, Luke?" Sadie makes the move to click her fingers in front of my face. I look down at her, because despite the two month age gap that enables her to call the shots, when it comes to being the tallest I win by a landslide. "Three hours. Three hours late."

"I know, I know," the taste of bitter coffee is still in my mouth and I want it gone as soon as possible. There's nothing worse than the aftermath of an instant espresso packet. "Where is everyone?"

"At the studio."

"Already?"

"Yes, and you should have been there three hours ago," I wince at her emphasis, tone cutting through me like a mother scolding her child. "They're waiting for you now."

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Because you're a big boy now, Lukey." she ruffles my air, absolute dry humour inked all over her paling face. "That, and Sophie didn't want to wake you."

"What? Why not?"

"Something about you not getting enough sleep last night," she writes a few things down on a clipboard I didn't realize she had and my heart warms. "Anyway, enough about that. Go take a shower, get dressed. Look presentable, Hemmings, and be down here in ten."

I do what she says. Normally I'd argue, kick up a fight because I'm difficult and still believe that I shouldn't be told what to do. I so badly want to postpone the interview and spend the day looking for Sophie instead, but it can't be helped.

I have about two minutes to spare until I'm finally out of the tourbus, clad in a striped shirt and skinny jeans with holes where the knees should be. Sophie complains that I wear the same things way too often and although it's not a bad thing, she says she'd rather me show up one day in a checkered flannel that I know most people associate the name Luke Hemmings with. Appeal to the younger demographic, as Sadie likes to say it.

I buckle into the passenger's seat of my car with Sadie in the driver's because apparently, I can't be trusted to get there on my own on time. We run a few red lights, break a couple of rules and get caught on about fifty different speedcams on the way there, but in the end we're successful in not being any later than we already are.

The guys are all sitting outside of the booth, waiting for me as Sadie rushes me inside. I have no time to fix the crumpled mess that is my shirt before a pair of short arms envelope around my waist and I have to look down.

"Daddy!" Sophie's voice sends gentle waves through my ears and it's all I can do not to bend over and hug her back with as much force as I can. I want to, I want to stay in this position forever, but I know I can't- the guys are growing antsy and so is the radio talkshow host.