35. "empty house"

SOPHIE

"So, I was thinking," Daddy says, taking the empty pizza box from the kitchen island. Folding it in half, he looks at me.

"What about you and me go somewhere?" he asks. "You know, after the tour's over?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, intrigued by the idea. "Like where?" I question, dangling my legs from the kitchen stool.

Daddy shrugs. "It's up to you, baby."

"Does it have to be somewhere far?"

"If you want it to be."

"That's a big responsibility,"

"Hm?"

"What if I wanna go to Italy?"

"Then I'll take you to Italy."

"England,"

"Sure thing, love."

"Oh, no. No. Don't do that accent," I tease, and Luke pokes his tongue out at me.

"You love it, really."

"I do?"

"Yes."

Giggling, I roll my eyes. "Where did this sudden holiday idea come from, then?" I ask again, amused, and he smiles. "Not that I'm complaining, or anything."

"I just thought it'd be nice to spend some alone time with you, that's all," Luke says, draping an arm around my shoulder. "We never get to do that much anymore."

"I know, Daddy. It's because you're always working,"

"Baby, you know I could just take some time off-"

"No, no, it's okay. You can't cancel shows,"

"I can if you want me to."

"No, Daddy," I shake my head, and he chuckles. "I mean it. Don't cancel anything."

"Alright, Miss Bossy," he taps my nose lightly, chuckling. "Not even one?"

"Not even one."

"What if I'm sick?"

"Then you can. But not because of me,"

"What if I'm sick because of you?"

"What do you mean?"

Daddy's lips turn upwards, forming a small, sly smirk. "Lovesick."

"Ew," I pull a face, making him laugh lowly once more. I smile. "I'm joking, Daddy. But seriously. No cancelling."

"Am I going to have to make that a promise?"

"Nope. Because it shouldn't need a promise. You can't let your fans down,"

"They'd understand."

"Mhm." I hum skeptically, though the grin on my face doesn't waver. Luke walks around the island, long legs planting themselves behind me as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"So," he mumbles, chin resting on my shoulder. "I'll just have to wait until the tour's over?"

"Yup," I say. He groans. "Daddy, you've only got a couple of months left,"