13. "thin lace underwear"

SOPHIE

"Just kill her."

"I'm not gonna kill her."

"Stab her."

"No!"

"Use a fork."

"No utensils!"

"Okay, a ladle."

"That's still a utensil."

"A spoon."

"How the hell am I  supposed to stab someone with a spoon?"

"Very easily, actually. Wanna see?"

"Not really."

"You so do. Hey Bails, come over here a sec?"

"No!" I hiss, yanking Ashley's arm back down. I shoot Bailey- a girl we befriended back in sixth grade when she helped Ashley get out of detention by duct taping the teacher to the wall- a sheepish look as she wonders over to us, eyebrow raised.

"What's up?" she asks.

"Nothing," I say.

"Everything," Ashley reinstates.

"Alright. Budge up," Bailey commands, taking a seat next to me. "Tell me what's going on."

Ashley smirks, leaning forward with her chin on her wrought together hands.

"Sophie's got a problem."

"I do not have a 'problem'."

"Sophie's got a problem."

"What's your problem?" Bailey asks me, flicking her hair to the side.

"Nothing." I repeat. Ashley confesses for me.

"She's getting a new mom."

"Ashley!"

"What?" she looks at me amusedly. "I'm just trying to help you get through an existential crisis, seeing as you're not doing anything about it yourself."

"It's not a crisis. I just don't know what to do."

"Which is why you turn to your friends for help, instead of stalking those 'exposing' accounts online," another voice quips. I turn my attention to see Chloe walking towards us, four drinks packed in a cardboard coaster in her hand.

We're a tight-knit group of four and it was pretty much just a coincidence that we ended up on the same tour- Ashley because of her brother, Chloe because of Bailey and Bailey because of her Dad managing the tour alongside my Mom.

As Chloe places the individual drinks on the table, Ashley scoots to the side in order to make room for her to sit. "Are you guys still on this?" she asks, lowering herself onto the metal chair.

I sigh. "Yes."

"Sophie won't admit that it's bothering her," Bailey informs her, pouring four ripped packets of brown sugar into her black coffee with a poker-faced expression.