Dazai (triggering content)

The Aokigahara Forest.
Suicide forest.
Dark sea of trees.

The forest was always every suicidal's first destination when it came to suicide.
Well, somebody decided to take their own life there, and what a luck you and your partner had, to go and investigate about the rumors.

The forest is haunted..

You will go in happy, come out suicidal..

Souls are watching you..

Were few of the thing you kept hearing from the people of the Agency, however they trusted you two with this mission, not just that you had Dazai with you, but you were also and ability user.

Your ability, The Dead Has Awoken, allows you to feel the spirits around you, talk to them, listen to them, all with the need of your special spell..

But like every useful thing, it had the worst part it could ever have, when your ability is activated, your soul leaves you body, somebody has to watch over it, or else a yōkai can easily possess the body.

Currently, you were in the car with Dazai, who let you drive since you knew that suicidal maniac would definitely hit somewhere on purpose, just to be able to die, but what made it worse was that,

He never stopped saying how much he'll love the forest.

"Oh!oh! [Name]-chan, can we do a double suicide when we get there?" He happily chirped, waiting for your answer.

"Dazai. No."

=

"Okay, get out of the car, little child."
You chuckled, shoving the keys in your back pocket after locking the car.
"Huh, what's this sign?" You walk over to the big sign besides the gate, leaning towards it.

"Damn, do this many people kill themselves here?" You raised an eyebrow, feeling a weird feeling in your tummy.

On the sign, there were Japanese writing, basically telling it's suicidal visitors to consider what they're doing, and that they should think about their parents, siblings, and friends.

"Over a hundred deaths this year, it's called The suicide forest for a reason." Dazai sighed, it was daytime thank god, but unfortunately it started raining, how great.

"I think.. I'm ready to do this. I hope."
You really hesitated, this investigation could be the most dangerous one you've ever taken part of, but it was your job, no?

"Be careful. I love you."

A nod was heard from you, as your head hung low, you started muttering the familiar words, it almost sounded like a whisper...

"Lords of the dark, let me travel to the world of dead once more... The Seventh Layer."

Your now unconscious body dropped into Dazai's arms, as he held your head against his chest, praying quietly for you to come back safe.

=

Meanwhile, your spirit view allowed you to see what human eyes couldn't, all the souls that were haunting the place.

Some were standing in a corner, balling their eyes out as they screamed, looking at you directly in the eye, their eyes following your movements.

This forest was surely scary.

Then there were the quiet and sad spirits, whom eyes were stained with dried up tears, as a forever lasting frown never leaving their lips.

All you could hear was screaming, sobbing, and begging. You were so excited to go back to your body, you had to tell them to leave.

=

"Arigato, free spirit..." you bowed, satisfied with your success.

You managed to kindly tell the souls to leave, the forest could be in peace again...

But, what about you?

=

Peeking through the woods, there was an evil yōkai, watching how Dazai caressed the cheeks of the young beauty.

Perhaps, they are lovers?

Meanwhile you suddenly felt danger, as if you had to hurry to go back...

Oh god, my body..!

Letting itself relax in the new body, the yōkai felt alive, felt a heartbeat, felt a mind, felt all kinds of muscles.

Opening her eyes, she saw a face above hers.

Dazai.

"[N-Name].. you're awake! Thank god!" Hugging her, tight.

If only he knew...

Who was [Name]? The evil soul wondered quietly, only to realize it was the old user's name..

The little chuckle, followed a maniacal laugh, which made Dazai widen his orbs, what had happened to his lover?

Shaking her shoulders, Dazai thought she could be joking.

"Oh god.. no.. no..! [Name]!" Dazai raised his voice, as the body stood up on it's own, cracking it's knuckles and neck, following a stretch.

"Ahhh, feels good to be alive again after 600 years, what the hell are these clothes?" It sighed in annoyance.

"No! No! No!" Dazai screamed to himself, as pained tears left his eyes like a waterfall, pulling at his hair with full force, as he knelt down on the ground.
"If.. she's gone.. I must join her..."

No! Dazai! Don't do it! Please!!

It was no use, Dazai couldn't hear your screams, although you were right behind him, reaching out to him.

Taking out the gun from his pocket, tears ran down his emotionless face.. you'd think he was a sociopath at the moment.

Raising it to his heart, he smiled, tears covering his chapped lips, he wanted to do a double suicide with you... but it didn't mean he wasn't going to meet you on the other side.

Tightening his grip, he shook his head as he breathed in...

Shot.

A body fell to the cold ground, as rain mixed with the now spreading blood.. he succeeded.

"Gonna hold you.. gonna kiss you in my arms...
           Gonna take you... away from home.."

=

A Dazai angst a day, keeps the smut away.