Chapter 3 Pain E

Amanda's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a dark room. I was so confused I had no idea where I was. I tried to move off the bed but I couldn't. I just screamed in pain. A few seconds' later people started running into the room.

"Amanda it's okay. You were in an accident. You are in the hospital please sit back." The woman said. I looked around and realized I'm in a hospital room. I looked down at myself and saw my left leg was wrapped up.

I sat back down and looked at the people that were in the room, I was grateful that I didn't see my parents.

"What happened?" I asked the woman.

"You were walking across the street and your were hit by a car. I placed a rod in your thigh because it was too damaged to heal on its own. You have a concussion from the impact and ribs on your left side are bruised. You are very lucky though you had no internal bleeding or organ damage." The women said.

I guess she is my doctor since she knows what happened to me. I stared at the ceiling and took a deep breath.

"Do you have my backpack?" I asked as I remember I had it on me.

"Yes, I'll go get it for you." The woman said and she left the room.

There were still two other people in the room. I was getting nervous because I didn't know them. The woman came back into the room a couple seconds later. She brought the bag up to me.

"Who are you?" I asked the woman.

"Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Doctor Brooklyn Smith. This is nurse Charlotte and nurse Adam." She said and I nodded.

"Do you have anybody you would like us to call?" Doctor Smith asked.

"No" I said.

"What about your parents, how old are you?" Doctor Smith said.

"I'm 18, I don't speak to them anyway. Call me Mia." I said.

Doctor Smith nodded and I started to go through my bag. I went to my wallet first and opened it. All of my money was still in there and my blade. It looks like nobody went through my bag. I went through the rest of my bag and everything else was there but I couldn't find my phone.

"Do any of you know where my phone is?" I asked them.

They all looked at me and shook their heads no. I tired to think about the last time I saw it. I was pretty sure that I had it in my hand during the crash.

"We will leave you alone but somebody will be coming in about every ten minutes to make sure you don't fall asleep." Doctor Smith said. I nodded and watched the nurses walk out of the door first.

Doctor Smith stayed though. Crap, that could only mean one thing. She saw my cutting. She sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at me.

"Mia do you want to tell me what happened before the crash?" She asked.

"Not really" I said.

"What about the bruse's on your side?" Doctor Smith asked.

"I fell" I said.

"Mia you could see the outline of fingers in the bruse's, and all of the scars on your wrist and thighs. You don't remember me do you?" Doctor Smith asked.

I looked at her again but I still could put a face to her name. I dropped my head and rubbed my temples. I couldn't think about it right now because my head was pounding.

"No I don't remember you." I said and looked at her again.

"I brought you back when you committed suicide." She said.

I couldn't think. My head was pounding and my leg hurt. Her talking was like nails on a chalkboard right now.

"Don't mean to be rude but can we have this chat later it feels like my head is going to spilt open." I said and rubbed my head again.

"Here press this button every time someone walks into the room to check on you." Doctor Smith said and handed me a button. I looked at her and took it.

"When you press the button it will release morphine, it's for the pain. When you press the button it will release an amount into the IV." She said.

I looked at her and pressed the button twice. I couldn't deal with her right now. I just wanted to be left alone. I put my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes.