Chapter 16 Aiden E

Brooklyn's POV:

I watched as Mia closed her eyes with a smile on her face. I watched her for a minute and than walked out of her room. Mel was waiting with a bottle of beer when I got back to the kitchen. I took a seat next to her and rubbed my head.

"You care about her don't you?" Melissa said rubbing my back.

"Mia was the first person I saved when I started working at the hospital. She was such a fragile little girl; Mia was only 15 at the time. The amount of scars on her arms and the fact that you could see her bones through her skin made me want to kill her parents. I didn't have a choice, I had to call them. When they got to the hospital you should have seen the fear on her face. She begged me not to leave the room when they got there. But I had too. I waited by the door though, right outside. They screamed at her. All I saw was Mia crawl into a little ball and tried to hide. But her father didn't let her."

I stopped half way through the story because I stared a cry. I needed to collect myself before I could continue. The beer that was sitting in front of me was still full. I grabbed it and downed about half. I held onto the beer as I continued.

"I watched in horror as her father hit her twice. Her mother just stood there and did nothing. When I thought she was going to pull him away from Mia she just hit her also. After that I called security and had them removed. I asked her if she had any other family to stay with and she said yes, so I let her go." I said.

Melissa stopped rubbing my back, so I looked at her. She had tears in her eyes as she looked at me. I didn't say anything; I just pulled her into a hug. After a minute I pulled away. Melissa wiped my tears away and I did the same for her.

"Well we have always talking about adopting a daughter." Melissa said.

"I know but it really doesn't matter, she'll be 18 in a few months. Technically I shouldn't even have taken her home. I just couldn't let her go back to her parents." I said.

"Does she want to press charges against them?" Mel asked.

"I don't know, I hope she does." I say.

"Well she can stay here as long as she wants." Mel said.

"Thank you." I say.

"For what?" Melissa asked.

"For letting Mia stay, she says she sorry by the way for before. It takes her a little while to trust new people." I say.

"It's not a problem, what do you want to do for dinner?" Melissa asked.

I sat back in my seat and finished my beer. I thought about it for a minute and got up from the chair. I walked over to the fridge and pulled two menus off the side. I walked toward the island and flashed both of them in front of me.

"Pizza or Chinese?" I asked and giggled.

"Pizza but I'm going to make it. You should wake Mia up." Melissa said and hopped off her chair.

"Okay just don't use eggs she's allergic to them." I say as I put the menu's back.

Melissa nods her head and starts pulling stuff out of the fridge. After she puts them on the island I pull her into a hug. I press my forehead to hers.

"I love you." I say and kiss her.

"Love you too." She says and giggles. I kiss her one more time and walk up the stairs.

I slowly make my way toward the guest room. Well now it's Mia's room. A smile makes its way onto my face when I think about it being Mia's room. I knock lightly on the door and wait for an answer.