Chapter 5 Deal E

Amanda's POV:

I was in and out of sleep all night. The doctors kept waking me up when all I wanted was to sleep. But finally I was allowed to sleep around 3am. Doctor Smith came in a couple of times wanting to talk but I wouldn't answer her questions. I would just give myself more morphine and doze off.

I was woken up by noise of people talking. I looked around the room and saw nurse Adam and checking my vitals and the monitor next to me. He wasn't talking, he was singing.

"You have a good voice you know." I said. Adam jumped out of his skin and I just laughed.

"Please don't ever do that again." Adam said. I laughed a little more but stopped because my side hurt.

"Oh come on that really scared you?" I asked sitting up in the bed.

"Yes it really did and thanks." Adam said.

"No problem. Do you think I can get up and go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Sure just give me one second I'll be right back." Adam said and left the room.

I was feeling better. My head was clear and my ribs and leg only hurt a little bit. I sat up and stretched my back and neck out. Adam came back with crutches. I threw the blankets off me and I saw my leg for the first time. My thigh is wrapped and I have a brace that went from the mid thigh to my ankle.

"I'm going to pick your leg up and swing it over the side of the bed okay. I'm going to be honest and say this might hurt." Adam said.

"It's okay, just do it." I said.

Adam counted to three and he helped me bring my leg over. He was right it did hurt but not as much as I thought it would.

"Adam what time is it?" I asked.

"It's 1:30 in the afternoon." He said.

"Can you grab my bag I want to put on some cloths. Its on the other side of the bed." I said as I got my balance on the crutches.

"The bathroom is this way." Adam said as he took my IV stand and pointed to the door on the other side of the room. He pushed the door open and I walked in first. He put my bag down on the floor and looked at me.

"I'll be outside just tell me when you're done and I'll help you get back to bed okay?" Adam asked.

I nodded and Adam left after shutting the door. I peed and put on a new pair of underwear and basketball shorts. I couldn't put on a shirt because I was connected to to many wires. I washed my hands and looked at my face. It was cut up but it could have been worst.

I do have some stitches above my right eye though. My hair was a mess. I was able to get my fingers threw and I put it up in a bun.

"Adam you can come in." I said and turned toward the door. Adam pushed the door open and walked in.

"Do you think you can unplug me from this stuff so I can put on a shirt?" I asked. Adam took my IV stand and my backpack from the floor.

"That I don't think I can do that, but I'll ask Doctor Smith about it." Adam said.

I nodded and started to walk back to bed. Adam helped me back into bed and gave me my backpack.

"I'll go get you some food and talk to Doctor Smith." Adam said. I said okay and he walked out of the room.

I went threw my bag again and looked for my phone but I still couldn't find it. I gave up and pulled out my camera and went through my pictures. I was about half way through when I hear a knock at the door. I said come in and the door opened.

Doctor Smith walked in carrying a tray with food on it. She put it on the table and pushed it in front of me. She sat down on the edge of my bed and looked at me. I turned off my camera and put it on my lap.

"I hope we can finish our talk from last night, if that's okay with you." She said.

I looked at her and nodded. I looked at the food in front of me and saw scrambled eggs and two pancakes. I picked up a fork and started eating.

"Mia I know that you aren't 18. I went through your bag and saw your id. I also took this out of your wallet." Doctor Smith put the blade on the table. I swallowed the food in my mouth and put the fork down.

"I have been 3 months clean okay." I said looking her dead in the eye.

"I believe you. I looked you over when your were in surgery. I'm not going to call your parents either, you don't need them around." She said.

"So when can I leave?" I asked.

"Tonight or tomorrow, most likely tomorrow. Do you have any family members you can stay with?" She asked.

"I think you already know the answer to that question." I said as I start eating again.

"Okay so I have a deal for you if you are willing to take it." She said.

"Okay but first can you unhook me from this stuff so I can put on a shirt?" I asked.

"Maybe, do you want to hear my deal or not?" she asked.

I put down the fork and look at her. I moved a little in my seat and drank the whole bottle of water.

"So what's the deal?" I asked.

"Okay so since I don't want you to go back to your parents and you don't have any family member willing to take you in, I want you to stay with me." Brooklyn said. I sat there shocked that she wanted me to stay with her. I was just about to talk when she put her hand up to stop me.

"Before you say anything I want you to hear the rest of the deal okay?" She asked. I nodded and she continued.

"If you say yes you can meet the person who found your phone." she said.

I thought about it for a minute even though I really didn't need to think about it. I needed my phone back before the person who has it can find those videos.

"Yes I accept but can you unhook me so I can put a shirt on first." I said back.

"Sure just finish your breakfast." Brooklyn said.

"I don't eat eggs. I'm allergic to them." I said and finished the pancakes.

"Okay let me wash my hands and take them off then I'll work on the discharge papers." Brooklyn said.

I watched Brooklyn move around the room. She washed her hands and took out the IV's. She helped me into the bathroom and I changed into a sports bra and my Emblem3 concert t-shirt. I came out of the bathroom and walked back to bed.

"They will come shortly okay?" Brooklyn said as she re-attached me to the wires and machines I was on.

"Wait more then one person found my phone?" I asked.

"Well the one who found it has her friend with her and she wants to come also, if that's okay with you." Brooklyn said as she reattached the IV's.

"Sure, why not." I said.

Brooklyn smiled and left the room. I went back to looking at my pictures. I pulled my laptop out of my backpack and turned it on. I hit the button for the pain medication and I put my memory card into the slot in my laptop. I edited a photo and was about to start another when I heard a knock on the door.

I shut my laptop screen and put my camera back in my bag. I said come in and the door opened. I looked up and watched as two girls walk in. My jaw dropped.

"Hi Amanda my name is Demi and this is my friend Selena. I think we have your phone."