Chapter 12 News E

Demi's POV:

I woke up cold. I felt around my bed looking for Maddie's warm body but I couldn't find her. I opened my eyes and looked around my bedroom. Maddie wasn't here. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Another sweep of the room and Maddie wasn't here.

I looked at the clock and it was blinking 12:51pm. Looks like nobody woke me up. I climbed out of bed and walked downstairs.

"Hello?" I yelled through the house. I didn't hear anything in response so I continued into the kitchen. I went over to the table and saw a note. I picked it up and read it.

Demi,

I took Maddie to school.

Mom and Dad are out doing something.

I had to get something from the store. I shouldn't be too long.

If you need to go somewhere please call Max, he will take you.

~Dallas

I put the note back down and went to the fridge. I pulled out the milk and put it on the table. After a minute of searching I found the cereal. I made myself a bowl of cereal and walked into the living room. I turned on the TV and E! News was on.

Of course this is on. It's always on. The reporter was talking about Selena's relationship with Justin again. I was about to turn it off when I heard my name.

"We have new information about pop star Demi Lovato's condition. We have a video of her leaving the hospital last night around 6." The reporter said. A video started to play. It was a really crap quality video but it showed me and Selena getting into her car and driving off.

"We also just gotten a new video of the accident two nights ago." The reporter said. Another video started to play.

It was from the other night. The video was dark but I could see myself pick up Mia's phone. As the video went on it got clearer. I let go of Dallas. There were police officers around me. I sat on the sidewalk and looked at the phone. Then I fell to my left. Dallas came up next to me and tried to shake me.

This was really weird. I saw Dallas crying as the EMT's put me on the stretcher and put me into the back of an ambulance. I drank the milk in the bowl and put the rest on the coffee table. Whatever appetite I had, I just lost it. I picked up the bowl and walked back into the kitchen. I put the bowl in the sink and walked over to the medicine cabinet.

I took my medication and went to my room. I pulled my phone off the charger and I got my journal and a pen and headed back downstairs. I looked at my messages and saw I had a voice mail from my manger Amy. I listen to that message first.

"Hey Demi, I just heard about what happened. I hope you're all right. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted me to cancel your studio session for today. Give me a call back and let me know okay."

I called Amy right after the end of the message. She picked up after two rings.

"Hey Demi, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. I still want to go to the studio today but can we push it till like 4 or 5 I need to do something in a little bit." I said.

"Sure thing I'll see you then. I'll call you if anything changes." Amy said.

"Thanks Amy." I said and hung up the phone.

I wrote down a few lyrics I had swirling in my head in my journal and closed it. I ran up the stairs and got dressed. I went into the music room and grabbed my guitar. I put it in the case and brought it with me to my room.

I showered and got dressed. When I got downstairs my phone was ringing. I ran over to the couch and picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Demi are you going to need me today?" Max said.

"Yea Max I was just about to call you. If you needed to go somewhere I can go by myself." I said.

"No it's not a problem where did you need to go?" Max asked.

"To the hospital and than the studio." I said.

"Sure I'll be there in about five minutes." Max said.

"Okay." I said and hung up the phone.

I got my stuff together and walked out the front door. Max was already waiting for me.