Chapter 14: I'm Not a Perfect Person E

Demi's POV:

I walked out of the room and saw Max sitting in the waiting room. I sat down next to him.

"Max can you my guitar out of the car." I asked.

"Sure I'll be right back." Max got up and walked to the elevator. He got in and the elevator doors closed. I pulled out my phone and went onto twitter.

I quickly logged out though and started playing candy crush. This game will be my downfall.

"Here you go Demi." Max said. I looked up from my phone and Max was standing there with the guitar case. I stood up and gave him a kiss on the cheek and took my stuff.

I walked back to Mia's room and opened the door. Mia wasn't in her bed.

"Mia are in the bathroom?" I asked putting the guitar case on the bed.

"Yea give me a second and I'll be right out." Mia said. I sat on the edge of the bed and opened the guitar case.

Mia came out on her crutches wearing a new shirt and shorts. She crutched over to the window and looked out.

"You okay? I'll get off the bed if you want to lay back down." I said.

"I'm good I want to stand for a few minutes. I need to move around, I can't sit in that bed anymore." Mia said still looking out the window.

"Okay well I got my guitar out of the car so I want you to play something." I said.

Mia turned around and looked at me. She looked at the bed and her eyes went wide. She looked shocked, excited, like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"What do you want me to play?" Mia asked.

"Whatever you want to play." I said pulling the guitar out of the case.

Mia took a seat in the chair I sat in earlier today. I handed her the guitar when she was ready for it. She took the guitar and held it like it was glass. Like one wrong move and it will break. When she got comfortable she tuned it her self and strummed it.

"I'll play you two songs. The first song isn't yours. It just has a lot of meaning for me. I think you'll know it." Mia said and moved a little bit in the chair.

"Do you need a pic?" I asked. I forgot to put one in the strings at the head of the guitar.

"No I'm fine." Mia said with a smile and started to play. She closed her eyes and started to sing. Once she started to play I knew the song. I could tell why it has a lot of meaning to her.

I'm not a perfect person

There's many things I wish I didn't do

But I continue learning

I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go

That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you

It's something I must live with everyday

And all the pain I put you through

I wish that I could take it all away

And be the one who catches all your tears