Chapter 18 Everything's an Illusion E

Demi's POV:

The smile on Mia's face just got bigger the farther we got from her house.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked getting curious.

"I can finally focus on myself. I can finally get better. I can finally move on with my life." Mia said. I smiled to myself and took a quick look at her.

"That's great Mia. Okay so we are going to go back to my house for a little bit because we still have like 3 hours to kill." I said and started driving to my house.

"Is your family going to be there?" Mia asked.

"I don't know, they might be, why?" I asked.

Mia didn't answer me. I could hear her playing with her backpack zippers. We stopped at a red light so I looked over to Mia. She pulled out a pill bottle.

"Mia what are you doing?" I asked. She looked at me and opened the pill bottle.

"Remember when I was in the hospital and I told you what was wrong with me?" Mia asked. She took out a pill and closed the bottle. I nodded.

"Lights green Dems." Mia said. I looked at the light and started driving again.

"So I have anxiety and when I met new people my anxiety gets really, really bad. And with our little breaking and entering thing my anxiety is through the roof right now." Mia said.

I turned down the block to my family's house. Mia and I didn't live that far from one another.

"Okay as long as you don't pass out on me I'm fine. Because if you do, I don't think Brooklyn and Melissa are going to let you hang out with me anymore." I said giggling.

"I'll try my hardest not too." Mia said giggling.

When we got to the house I pulled into the driveway. We were both still laughing when I turned off the car. I looked around the driveway and didn't see anybody else's car.

"Their car's aren't here so that probably means that they're out." I say as I got out of my car. I met Mia at her side and helped her out.

She put her backpack on her shoulders and I walked over to the trunk. I grabbed Mia's guitar and shut the trunk. Mia closed the door and looked at me.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"We are going to have a jam session." I said and smiled. She nodded and smiled.

We walked up to the front door. I unlocked it and walked in. Mia followed as I walked farther into the house.

"Hello! Anybody home?" I yelled into the house. I closed the door behind Mia and put my keys on the key ring.

"Demi?" Dallas yelled back.

"Hey Dal." I said as she walked into the hallway. She had her head down when she walked in, so she didn't see Mia.

When she finally looked up from her phone she jumped and put her hand on her chest.

"Jesus Demi next time tell me when we have company! Hi I am Dallas." Dallas said and walked over to Mia.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Mia." Mia said. Dallas pulled her into a hug, which Mia returned.

"So anybody else home?" I asked.

"Nope. Mom went to go get Maddie from school and I don't know where Dad is." Dallas said after she pulled away from Mia. I nodded and picked up Mia's guitar case.

"We are going to the music room to jam and so I can teach her the rest of my songs." I said.

"Sure I'll call you when mom gets home." Dallas said with a smile.