Chapter 25: Mia's Birthday E

Demi's POV:

It's been two months since the accident and everything is looking great. My single Heart Attack dropped February 23rd and hit number one on the billboard dance charts. It was a great start to the album, which will be released in a month. Promotions for the album have been going go so far.

Mia hasn't played at any of the promo's so far though because of her leg. It is almost completely healed though so she can start once Brooklyn clears her. My relationship with Mia has grown so much over the last two months. She is like another sister to me now.

Mia has also helped me a lot with the album. She has helped on writing songs with me and also writing a lot of the music. My band has come to love her just as much as I have. They consider her like their little sister, which is great since we are going to go on tour after the album is released.

Today is her 18th birthday though and I'm really excited. Brooklyn and I have been planning a little party for Mia. The only thing that is making me uneasy about it is that whenever we would bring up her birthday Mia either changed the subject or tell us she didn't want to do anything. Well whether she likes it or not she's getting a party.

With the help of Brooklyn and Melissa we managed to set up a surprise party for her. I invited Mia's best friend Ali, my family, Selena, Taylor, the Emblem3 guys, the rest of my band, then Brooklyn and Melissa. They only invited a few family members though. Everything was set up so all we had to do was get Mia to the restaurant.

I got out of bed around 11ish and took a shower. After my shower I just put on some sweats. I would change later after I did my hair and make-up. So I just walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Maddie came down and joined me a half hour later and we just watched TV for most of the day.

I cleared my schedule this week so I could focus on Mia and planning her party. But also so I could relax a little bit before like started going crazy. Around one o'clock my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered the phone.

"Hey Demi it's Brooklyn, is Mia with you?" Brooklyn asked.

"No she isn't, something wrong?" I asked getting up from the couch.

Maddie got mad that I pushed her off of me but I didn't care at the moment. When she saw my face she understood.

"Yea, she went out this morning and she still isn't back yet. I called and left a few messages but she still has answered me. I'm starting to get worried." Brooklyn said.

"Okay I'll be over as soon as I can. Does she have a GPS app on her phone?" I asked.

"Yea I made her put it in there when after she bought the new phone." Brooklyn said.

"Track her phone, I'll be there in 10." I said.

I hung up the phone and ran to my room. I changed quickly into a band tee and jeans. I slipped on a pair of converse and put my hair up. I grabbed a hat before I ran out of my room. I grabbed my car keys and purse.

"Demi what's going on?" Maddie asked before I could get out of the door.

"Mia. I'll be back before the party." I said and ran out the front door.

My driving already sucks, I'm not going to lie, but I don't know how I didn't hit anybody on the way to Brooklyn's house. I probably broke every kind of traffic law getting here.

Once I pulled into their driveway I ran out of the car and up the steps. I didn't even knock I just walked right in. Brooklyn and Melissa where both sitting at the table as I walked up to them.