Chapter 20 Surprise E

Demi's POV:

Ever since we left the house, Mia has been really quiet. She is bringing her walls back up. I should've just dropped the subject; but when someone says their dad raped them, you wonder what else has happened. I took a quick glance at Mia. She had her head against the window. She looks like she is sleeping.

I focused back on the road. Mia did well meeting my family, even better than some of my ex-boyfriends. Hopefully Mia will like my surprise when we get to the studio. Lets just say I worked a little bit of my magic, well a lot of it but still. It's totally going to be worth it. Hopefully she doesn't have an anxiety attack when she see's what's going on.

Mia's POV:

Something was touching my arm. I pulled my arm away from it and turned away. Next I felt something on my shoulder.

"Mia wake up we're here." Demi said. I opened my eyes and looked around. We are in her car on the way to the studio. Will I guess we are at the studio.

Demi had the passenger door open. It took me a few seconds to process things but I realized I needed to get out of the car.

"Sorry I fall sleep on long car rides." I said taking the crutches from her.

"It's okay, but come on I can't wait to see your face when we get inside." Demi said with a huge smile on her face. I got myself together and got out of the car. I slung my backpack onto my back and Demi shut the door for me.

She started walking toward the door of the studio, her notebooks in hand. When she got to the door she held it open for me. I smiled and said thank you. She went to open a door when I realized she didn't have my guitar with her.

"Hey Demi I forgot the my guitar." I said.

"Don't worry about it. There are a lot of other guitars in there. You can just pick which ever one you want to play." Demi said.

"I put some thought into it and I want to play you something but I need to play it on my guitar." I said looking Demi in her chocolate brown eyes.

"Okay I'll come back and grab it later." Demi said and opened the door. "After you." Demi said and smiled.

I smiled back at her and walked into the door. The room was dark and I heard the door shut. My anxiety started to rise, but it didn't get that high because of the pill I took before. The light turned on and I had to blink a few times before my eyes adjusted to the lighting.

When I could finally see I looked around the room. It looked like a boardroom for some company big wigs. There was a giant table in the middle of the room with large chairs around the table.

Then I noticed there are actual people sitting in the chairs, and I knew who everyone is. My mouth hung open and I stopped breathing.

"Mia I want you to meet some people. You already know Selena, but this is Taylor, Wesley, Keaton and Drew. My band won't be here for another hour." Demi continued talking but I zoned out.

The only thing I could focus on was the fact I had my favorite band in the same room as me. My mouth is becoming dry and the fact that the only person I could make eye contact was Wesley wasn't helping things. I have the biggest crush on him it's unreal.

I saw his lips moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I tried to say something back but nothing came out of my mouth. My brain was turning to mush and the edges of my vision are starting to fade and I started to see black spots in my vision. No, I can't black out, not now.

But I couldn't catch my breath. I can't breath. I felt my throat start to close up. My vision started to fade and I felt myself falling. Two large arms wrap around me before I could fall to the floor.

"Mia its okay just breath." Someone said. I didn't know who's voice it is but it belonged to a guy.

"In and out Mia follow me." I heard him suck air in and out.

I followed for a minute and I started to breath again. My breathing was still shallow but I was able to get out a word.

"Inhaler." A few seconds later I felt the arms that were around me let me go. My breathing started to hitch again. But those arm wrapped around me again, and I felt better.

Something was pressed into my hand with another hand. The hand closed around mine.

"Take the hit." Someone said. I did what I was told. After I did I started coughing. I kept my eyes closed as I shook the inhaler for another hit.

After I took it I could breath again. I leaned into the person that was behind me and got my breathing under control.

"Demi." I said with my eyes still closed.

"Yea?" I heard her say.

"Next time you want me to meet some of your famous friends, tell me first." I said and rubbed my head.

Everybody had a laugh and so did I. A couple of minutes later I opened my eyes and looked around me. Demi was sitting in front of me on the floor; Selena and Taylor were standing behind her. Keaton and Drew where next to them; that could only mean one thing.

I took a deep breath and looked behind me. When I looked behind me two brown eyes were looking back into my green ones.

"Thanks for catching me." I said.

"No problem." Wes said and smiled.

"Can I get up now?" I asked looking at Demi.

"Yea, come on." Demi said and held out her hand.

I took it and she helped me up. Wes handed me my crutches and helped me to a chair. Wes sat down in the chair on my left and Demi sat in the chair on my right. Everyone was staring at me and I'm starting to get uncomfortable. I hate it when people stare at me.

"So, Demi, what are we doing here?" I asked.

"Well I remembered that you said you went to see Emblem3 in concert in the hospital. Selena, as you know, knows the guys and I called and asked if they could come here and meet you." Demi said.

"And Taylor Swift is here why?" I asked confused.

"Selena was at my house when Demi called and asked about the guys. When Demi told her about her plan I asked to come too. I wanted to hear you sing in person." Taylor said.

I groaned and put my head down on the table. I should have known. Wes put his hand on my back and rubbed small circles.

"You're really going to make me sing for them aren't you?" I asked and looked at Demi.

"If you're going to be my guitarist you need to learn to play in front of people. I'm going to get your guitar. Wes can you take Mia to studio number 3." Demi said getting up from the table.

Everybody started to clear out of the room. Soon it was just Wesley and I. God help me; don't make me look like a fool.