☾ Chapter 4☽

The chapter photo is what I'd imagine Axel's wolf smirk to be like ;)
Don't forget to comment, vote xo

Theo's POV
"Oh, please take me at my word, I'm desperate
I swear, I never meant to hurt no one, no
Oh, please stay for what it's worth, I'm desperate" I sang... well shrieked.

All time low 'dancing with a wolf' was blasting through my headphones and I couldn't help but yell out the lyrics.

"You're on your own,
So don't you call my name.
I will take you down
Should've known that you've been dancing with a wolf
So don't you call my name
I will take you down
I'm not your friend, you burned a bridge
I chew you up and spit you out!!
Oh woah oh woah o-hhhhhh" My voice cracked but I did not give up on my jam.
"There's no love for a liar, no love for a liar
Oh woah oh woah oh!!!
There's no love for a liar, no love
So don't you call my name!!!"

"THEOADORE WOODS WOULD YOU TURN OFF THAT RACKET IM DOING MY DAILY YOGA SESSION AND I NEED PEACE AND QUIET TO FIND MY INNER ZEN, THANKYOU VERY MUCH!" My mother hollered to me from downstairs.
I turned off the music and yelled back, if not louder.
"MOM YOU'RE KILLING THE MOOD, DON'T BE SUCH A DOWNER! THE SONGS ALMOST FINISHED THEN YOU CAN GO STRETCH YOUR LIMBS IN UNCOMFORTABLE POSITIONS! AND FOR GOD SAKES STOP CALLING ME THEOADORE ITS THEO!"

I heard a gasp and I snickered.
"DON'T TALK TO YOU MOTHER LIKE THAT THEOADORE!!" I heard her shriek as she run up the stairs.
Oh shit I'm so dead I'm so D E A D. I looked around my room for a hiding spot, I might be 17 but I'm not risking loosing both my hearing and balls... so hide n seek was the most plausible idea at this point.

My eyes scanned over my surroundings, my closet door was slightly ajar.
The closet it is! I scrambled towards it, but not before grabbing my earplugs and phone. I kept a charger in my closet for times like this. One does not know how long the beast lingers in the room.
Still haven't finished my jam session thanks to a certain SOMEONE. I quickly shut the door and leaned against it, sliding down onto the floor. A second later I heard my mother barge into my room.
"THEOADORE WHERE ARE YOU!?!!?" She asked with a not so joyous voice. I could hear her eye twitch from the words.

Somewhere where I can't get my balls chopped off, I thought. I could always sit, Perhaps she'll just walk away or recite a whole lecture to her about how I need my balls and hearing to succeed in life? To be honest I'd have more chance keeping my balls if I dangled them in front of a Rottweiler then going out there. Or I could just apologise like the good boy I am. I decided to go for the last option.

I got up from my spot on the floor and opened the closet door. My mother did not look too amused.
"What do you have to say for yourself?" She put her hand on her hip and raised her eyebrow, the typical 'Mom is in a mood that will destroy you pose'.
"U-uh.. I'm sorry?" Crap, I didn't mean for it to sound like a question.
My mother looked at me sternly before dropping her hand from her hip and sighing.
"It's okay dear, I've been stressed lately and shouldn't take it out on you."
I let out a sigh of relief. "Aww Mom, it's okay, I'll let you continue your stup- " My mother narrowed her eyes at me,
"I mean your very therapeutic yoga session!" I said cheerfully.

"Hm" is all she said.
She did not look too impressed...
" I walked up to her and hugged her, she sighed again and wrapped her arms around me.
This is what I loved about my Mother and I. We could argue about the most pointless thing and the next be laughing about something completely stupid. I loved her and honestly hope to never lose her, some say it sounds quite cheesy but my Mom is my best friend in a way and someone I can trust.

We pulled apart and gave each other small smiles,
"Well get on with it! Yoga isn't going to be done itself!" I said.
She chuckled, "Okay, okay I'm going!".
I smiled at her before turning my gaze back to my bed. Finally time to finish my jam session! I ran towards the remaining distance between myself and my oh so comfy bed.

"Don't you call my name
I will take you down
Should've known that you've been dancing with a wolf
So don't you call my name
I will take you down
I'm not your friend, you burned a bridge
I chew you up and spit you out
Oh woah oh woah o-hhhhhh!
There's no love for a liar, no love for a liar
Oh woah oh woah oh-hhhh!
There's no love for a liar, no love
So don't you call my name!"

Axels POV
My paws barley hit the ground as I sprinted through the woods. My snout was up in the air, trying to pinpoint 'his' location. I've been running for about an hour with no scent or sign of him in sight. I was close to giving up but I needed to see him. He gave me reasons to live, and even if I can't show him the real me. The human me. I can still be around him in my wolf form.

He wasn't slightly afraid, and that's what I admired about him. He had this spark of curiosity in his eyes, they seemed to sparkle in interest. And I simply loved that look. When he smiled or laughed his eyes would shine the brightest green, I was attracted to him to say the least. And so I continued my search for him, we would meet up practically every day. I would lay my head in his lap and he would talk of his life.

I loved the feeling of his chest rising and falling, how his cheeks were flushed when he said something embarrassing of his childhood. I didn't mind, I loved it. It was hard to control my human instincts. I would accidentally smile or smirk at him. I hope he didn't notice, he didn't seem to. In fact he seemed intrigued more than he already was.

I think he assumed I was tame, I already gave away too much. I'd rather him not know about me. Not yet. He's not ready for the truth. My nose finally picked up the familiar scent of vanilla and pine. I wondered why he didn't smell like oak but pine. I hope to find out one day. I followed the scent through the woods, my tail wagging faster on excitement. I practically sprinted to find him. I stopped in my tracks when I heard singing. I smiled to myself. His voice was absolutely angelic.

"When the room don't like us
I'll be at your table
Yeah I'll be sitting next to you
And when the world ain't righteous
It's raining Cain and Abels
I'll be trying to dance with you"

I realised he was singing Heaven by One Republic, a favourite of mine. I hide behind a tree and listened closely.

"Ohhhh everybody feels alive
So just one more time before the morning comes
Oh everybody feels alive
If they're throwing stones at the two of us, two of us
Everyone they say that we don't work
But I could swear this is heaven yeah
Everyday I know that this might hurt but I don't care
This is heaven ye-ahhhh" I smiled when his voice cracked at the end.

I accidentally moved my paw and snapped a twig. The sound echoed and unfortuantly he stopped his amazing singing, yelping in surprise.
"Axel." He said sternly.
I poked my head from behind my hiding spot behind the tree and barked happily. He simply glared at me. I walked towards him, wagging my tail. He continued glaring, and so I did the only thing I that thought would calm him down.

I charged at him, he gasped in surprise and fell back onto the ground, yelping in the process. It ended up with me on top of him while he lay on the forest floor. I could really smell the pine and vanilla... it made my heart flutter. I wasn't even sure if he was gay, but I wanted to find out. I lay my head on him and smiled to myself, he huffed. After a few minutes of laying in that position, I felt his hands on my neck and back. He was running them through my thick fur, occasionally just resting them.

I was ecstatic, being this close to him. Being able to smell his delicious scent, lay my head on his chest and hear his heart beat. It wasn't even beating it's normal pace, his heart was beating frantically. I would have assumed that it would have slowed down over the minutes pasted but it continued it's fast rhythm. I knew he wasn't scared, I couldn't smell an ounce of fear. I look at his face, mesmerised by the bright green in eyes and his defined cheekbones. And that jawline made me shiver.

I noticed that his cheeks were flushed, I wondered why. Maybe it was from me nearly knocking his breathe out, or was it because his heart was still beating frantically under mine.
All I knew is that I wanted to know why. He laughed nervously. I tilted my head to the side, smiling up at him. Nuzzling my nose into his neck, his breathe hitched. I smiled and snuggled closer to him. This was purely heaven.