☾ Chapter 36 ☽

Authors note;

Apologies for my lack of updates, but here is a long-awaited chapter, it answers alot of questions and i'm really excited to see the book come together, enjoy!

Theo's POV

Would the paper answer my questions? Would it help me escape? Or would it confirm that this nightmare was forever?

Hours passed but my fist remained enclosed around the paper. I didn't know if I was more afraid of being caught or of what was written on it. But nevertheless, I remained motionless, staring at the same blank wall, although it brought no answers much to my displeasure.

Surely it wouldn't hurt to look..

I had already endured hell and back, would it bring more hell or an escape? regardless of what answer, I impatiently opened my fist, careful to keep the paper hidden by my fingers. I was aware of the few cameras in the room, therefore the task needed to be discreet.

The size of the paper was small, about the palm of my hand, perfect to keep hidden. Upon first glance it was handwritten, the writing small and neat. I struggled to read the words but after a few times, the words became clear.

"You don't have much time, He will hurt you more, I can help you, but you must follow my instructions carefully. After your next tube change, the hour after, the power will go out, the door will be unlocked, follow the hallway to room 106, I will help you there. Stay alert Theo."

I gulped, escape after all, but would I succeed? My body was rapidly growing weak as the days went by, but if this was my last chance at survival, I would give it my all so that I could leave this dreaded place. If Axel couldn't find me, I'm going to find him.

I'm coming Axel.

Axel's POV

The familiar trails the lead to pack house felt so foreign despite growing up here. I felt detached from the land as I inched closer to the place I used to call my home. My hairs stood on end as my two feet carried me from tree to tree. I peered behind each trunk, careful to not get spotted. It was frankly quite quiet. Too quiet..

All of a sudden a hand clamped around my mouth, I struggled against it. The intruder pressed his body against me, halting my movements. I growled lowly in my throat. Suddenly they whispered in my ear, causing me to halt.

"Stay still and quiet, or else you'll get spotted." The voice murmured in my ear.

I instantly recognized the voice, a low growl of anger left my mouth as I quickly ripped myself from him, what the fuck?

Max stood in front of me, his brows pinched in worry.

"You son of a bitch, I'd ought kill you." I stared him dead in the eye.

Max looked unfazed, but not in a cocky way, more so, apologetic? what the hell?

He raised his hands in surrender, almost pleadingly. Now I was beyond confused.

"Let me explain, but we can't talk here, they'll spot you." He spoke hurriedly, glancing in each direction, his face showing.. fear?

"Spot me? And why would I go anywhere with you, you took Theo away you bastard!" I almost screamed at him.