☾ Chapter 28☽

Authors Note;

Surprisee, another chapter! Enjoy :)

Max above^

Axel's POV;

The harsh unremitting pain was the first thing I felt when I gained consciousness. The continuous agony caused my head to endure tremendous mental and physical torment, making it a strenuous task to stay awake and not escape the pain by returning to my once unconscious state. My vision blurred as I tried to focus on my surroundings, trying to hold onto reality so that I wouldn't be once consumed with darkness again. The pounding emerging from the back of my head didn't halt it's harshness, yet intensified when I attempted to lift myself up from my sprawled out position on the basements concrete floor. I'd assume that not only being hit from behind created this endearing pain but also the stiff flooring  assuredly didn't soften my fall, unfortunately.

It took pretty much everything in me to lift myself into a sitting position, resting my throbbing head in my hands. A chuckle made me jerk up in surprise, making my head head spin in overdrive. I groaned out in pain, whoever hit me sure can deliver a hard blow. It felt like I was sporting the worlds worst hangover, something I didn't want to experience ever again.

Finally my vision cleared, the pain a now dull ache, uncomfortable, but tolerable. I glanced in the direct of the chuckle from before and I came to the realization that it was Max. Fucking Max. I growled and stood up as rapidly as my weak body could move, despite the spinning and the pain making an appearance, it took all I had in me to advance in his direction and shake him violently. All I saw was red, I had never felt such anger before in my entire life. Betrayal, pain, and fear but majority was the anger that rolled over me in waves, causing me to tackle him to the ground and throw multiple punches directly to his god forsaken face.

Max didn't react in the slightest, all he did was lift his arms briefly, shielding his face from the physical blows I was firing at him. I wanted to wipe that fucking smirk off his face, tear a hole into his skull and watch him suffer in endless torture. After what seemed like forever, his arms now bruised from my rage, I was pulled back by two pack members, or should I say two of his allies, side kicks, accomplices? Fucking traitors if they were working for him. I still felt the anger surging through me as they pinned my arms back. Max stood up, one look at his untouched face and that's all that sent me into another blind rage. I yanked away as hard as I could from the arms that had me trapped. I wanted Max to fucking pay. Was Theo okay? I scanned the room to find only less than half the room empty from when I last was conscious. They had gone after him.

A deep growl resounded in me as my canines extended. I needed to turn and get out of here, find Theo and keep him safe. I felt the usual process of turning begin to take form before it was suddenly cut off, making me yowl in displeasure and pain. What brought me this discomfort was the shackles fastened over my wrists, the intense burning to my wrists was an indication of wolfsbane. (Wolfsbane is a potent herb and a werewolf's most well-known weakness. If a werewolf makes physical contact with wolfsbane in any form, it will burn and weaken them) It halted me from turning and rendered me weak. I slumped against the restraints, my body sliding down to the floor. I groaned in agony and fear. Rarely was wolfsbane used in my world, only back in ancient war times. It was a rare herb that wasn't an easy find and to think that Max had used it against me, his own best friend and soon to be Alpha had me beyond mad.

"Tsk Tsk Axey, can't do much to save your precious Theo, or should I say Theodora?" He laughed menacingly, making me eye him with utter rage.

"W-why are you doing this?" I growled out, the herb making my body shut down and become weak, the burning intensified as each second passed.

"Why? Oh it's very simple, you are in my way. I couldn't just become Alpha just like that now can I? Well, not without having a little fun and well getting you out of my way." He smirked devilishly.

I widened my eyes. "You Alpha? You could never be Alpha with the way you are. What has Theo got to do with this?!" I yelled, yanking on the cuffs which furthermore increased the burning, making me yelp in pain.

"Well I refuse to be some Beta (right hand, chosen by the Alpha) of course you would have chosen me, your best friend. And well, I have majority of the packs loyalty, and once you're out of my way, the rest of the pack will have no one to turn to. After all your father is already out of the picture. Oh and Theo? That precious boy. He surely would have become Luna and rules with you as pretty much everyone adored him." He spat out. "And so he is what makes you weak, and as it's said, making the Alpha weak, eliminates him. Plus I think Theo- excuse me, Theordora," He smirks. "Will make an perfect Luna when ruling with me, not you." He cackled, his flamboyant voice echoing throughout out the basement.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FATHER! AND DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THEO." I screamed, tears of defeat and anger threatened to spill as I felt my body begin to shut down from all the emotions and pain I was feeling.

"Well he was in my way, he was first to go, and now it's your turn." He grinned. "I simply had him killed and that's all that had to be done."

I felt the color drain from my face, I froze in fear. He's lying, he couldn't have just killed him, was he really that power thirsty? I chocked back sob, feeling utterly defenseless.

"Seeing you like this is really a big shame Axey, I mean we had a great friendship but you being future Alpha just wasn't okay, ya know? Don't worry, once you're gone, you won't have to worry about anything at all." He drawled out the 'all' and had that sickening smug on his face.

I didn't reply, I could do nothing. With My father dead, and Theo possibly hunted down. I had no one to turn to, and now that the wolfsbane had been attached to my wrists for awhile now, I felt myself slip into the familiar darkness. This time I let it consume me. Was giving up the way? No one could possibly find me out here anyways. I would just die here alone, and be forgotten.

I love you Theo, please never forget me. Was what I last mumbled out before the darkness consumed me.