☾ Chapter 30☽

Authors Note;

Two words: Be prepared.

Max's POV;

My mouth dropped at the sight of Aurora standing before me, even in human form she had that majestic glow to her, her moon-kissed floor length hair fanned her perfectly sculpted pale skin, silver swirls imprinted on her cheeks and a delicate arrangement of blinding silver fabric adored her body, leaving her standing there stunning as always.

This was the Moon Goddess after all, her magic flowed within her as she transformed into whatever form pleased her, Moon, Wolf or Human. Yet to have her standing here, in human form of all forms, had the whole pack bowing at her presence. I too joined them, her power surging among us, forcing me to bow despite half my mind telling me to stand my ground. None of us ever experiencing such power surround us, we all grew up hearing the stories of Aurora the Moon Goddess, yet never had the pleasure of meeting such mighty authority in our world.

A flashback appeared in my mind as I remembered the elders telling us during our younger years about her. We were all curious and enchanted by the idea of possibly meeting her, even a possible glance of her had us begging the elders to see her. But to no avail they had no power over her, despite their high authority in our society, they couldn't summon her whenever they pleased. She was known to have created the mate bond, she formed our connections to the moon and for that, werewolves for generations and generations to come have owed their lives to her, blessing her for their mate and their bonds.

And elder stood before our large group of pups. His age ridden eyes smiling kindly at us as he began telling us the long awaited tale of the Moon Goddess. "The Moon Goddess is the creator and also the goddess in charge of mates. She never makes an appearance, even when she has decided on the two that are mates.She spreads her power into both and therefore the mate bond is created, either between werewolf and werewolf or human and werewolf. Visits from her are not often, only rarely does she reveal herself in the eye of the werewolf public. Her children are the pure gold, and silver werewolves. Rare to the werewolf race, as majority of them stay with her in her place in the moon. She forever holds a youthful glow, with her silver silky hair and her face is indescribably flawless and breathtaking. She holds great power that all werewolves, even the Alphas, worship her for. She's never to bring harm to others, for she only brings peace and love binding. It is known that the Moon Goddess, never makes mistakes."

"Rise" Aurora spoke, her angelic voice breaking my thoughts as the memory diminished. I struggled to accept the fact that I had to obey her regardless of the circumstances, and so I rose and faced her captivating beauty, as did the rest of the pack. 

She glanced around the perimeter of wolves, her eyes calculating each crevice and detail. Anyone in her line of sight instantly froze, afraid of her judgments. She finally circled back and her startling bright pupils fixated in my direction. I gulped and rocked back and forth on my heels unintentionally. 

"How may I be of service, Uh- Auro- M-Moon Goddess?" I stumbled over my words, biting my lip in the process due to embarrassment. When subject to such great power, it's nearly impossible to act civilized.  

"Where is Axel and Theo?" She spoke with such delicacy yet her voice was filled with determination. The crowd murmured in confusion at the use of word choice. 

"Who?" I gulped, pretending I didn't know who she was talking about.

She narrowed her eyes, "Axel, Williams Son? and Theo Woods?" She asked again.

I widened my eyes, I couldn't pretend anymore. "I, um, your grace, you see, the thing is...there's been a, situation?" I spilled out random words trying to find some sort of excuse.

She narrowed her eyes at my flustered state and frowned, a look of confusion crossed her features. 

"Situation?" She raised a brow in question. 

I could feel my face threatening to explode from the amount of heat I was feeling in my cheeks, she stood there motionless as ever, waiting for a response. I glanced around, hoping for anyone to back me up. Obviously no one wouldn't, the crowd held smirks and glares, apparently have me put on the spot resulted in that.

A moment passed and all I did was stare at the ground, hoping for it to open up and let me disappear. 

"I will not ask again, Where are they Maximillion?" She asked again, her voice no longer holding the delicacy as before. 

I whimpered under the shear force of her voice, the crowd chuckled in response to my reaction. 

"I-I T-they, T-Theo he's in lockup and Axel he's.." I stuttered out.

If I wasn't shit scared now, I was bloody terrified when I felt a wave of fear hit me. The goddess had stormed towards me and stood a merely a few feet away, seething in impatience.

"Where is Axel. Answer me." She asked in a deadly tone, she didn't yell or scream but her voice traveled through the air, echoing for miles as if she screamed.

The force of the words thrown at me by her had me stumbling over and nearly face planting into the ground, I looked up at her from my place on the floor, my hands trembling as I met her intense gaze. 

"He's dead." I sobbed, my hands covering my face in an attempt to protect myself. It was dead silent, no one spoke, not a single sound besides my pathetic cries. I slowly uncovered my hands after a few moments, confused at the tone drop. Suddenly I was met with the such a force that it rendered me off the ground and into the air. I squealed and flailed my arms, the crowd and the goddess beginning to fade into the small dots as my body propelled itself higher into the air. Then all of a sudden I had stopped, everything was white, Where was I? I blinked in confusion, then everything went black. 

Theo's POV;

"LET ME OUT!!" I screamed and rattled the cage bars for the millionth time. No one came, I had woken up probably an hour ago but I wasn't sure how long I was out. My body ached from whatever drug that was inserted into me. I was surrounded by an assortment of many other cages, ranging from different sizes. All were metal and had large bolts on them, impossible to escape from. What was this place?

All that met the eye was metal bars and dust on the concrete floors. No one occupied the cages besides myself in my own. It was large enough for me to spread both arms but small enough so that I couldn't stand in it, but instead sit upright with my head just touching the top. 

I slid back against the metal bars and whimpered. Where was Axel? I couldn't feel anything because of that drug, I felt numb but my emotions were raw. I was tired of crying and finding a way out was no use. It was dark with only a few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling which only gave very little light, creating a dim atmosphere. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, rocking my body back and forth in an attempt to stay calm. 

I waited and waited for god knows how long, maybe it was minutes? hours? I couldn't tell. 

Suddenly a large burst of light sprung from the left side of the large room, a door that I never knew existed due to the lighting opened and revealed a figure. I whimpered and shuffled as far as I could from the direction of the door, which wasn't much considering how small the cage actually was. The figure walked towards me with quick steps, I frowned.

 Why were they in a rush? 

The figure stopped in front of my cage but due to the size of it, I could only see their dark clothed legs. I gulped and waited in anticipation for what was yet to come. Suddenly the figure unbolted the lock to the cage and yanked the door open, making me crawl out as fast as I could before it would evidently shut again. 

The figure let me pass as I scrambled to my feet. I turned around to thank my savior before gasping in surprise. My almost heart leapt into my throat as I met two familiar eyes in a dark hood. 

"Mom?