☾ Chapter 31☽

Authors note;
Moon goddess pictured above, enjoy (:
Theo's POV:

"Mom?"

I stared at the figure before me, after they had removed their hood I was able to meet a pair of eyes that looked familiar yet they weren't. They had this silver shimmer within them that I couldn't fathom. At least I thought it was Mom, she looked like Mom, but she wasn't.. Mom? I couldn't explain the mystic like features that radiated off her. She looked like my biological mother, but her bodily features said otherwise. Her face displayed silver swirls on her rosy cheeks and her skin was paler that it usually was.

I was confused at the sight before me as all I did was have my mouth agape. She stared at me with a humble smile gracing her lips. Her eyes twinkling in the dark lighting, she was practically glowing, a brighter source of light than anything else in the dim room.

"Hello Theodore, I understand that you must be confused but I had to conceal my true identity from you as you were not subject the world of supernatural creatures and I wanted to keep you safe." She spoke with such delicacy that I had to strain to understand the words that fell gracefully out of her mouth.

True identity? Supernatural creatures? There are more creatures than just werewolves?!

Multiple questions filled my mind as I tried to come up with a solid response.

"I don't u-understand" I stuttered out.

"Yes well I understand that you have may questions and I will answer all of them in good time, but we don't have much time, although what I can tell you now is that I'm the moon goddess, there are more creatures out there, and.." she paused, as if thinking about what she was going to say.

"Axel...He's-

"Is he here!? Is he okay?! I haven't seen him in so long and I miss him is he okay?!" I asked frantically at the mention of his name.

"He's.." She sighed, a pang of dread filled my stomach as I waited for her answer.

"He's dead Theo" She replied solemnly. Her face showing sympathy as I gasped and crumpled to the floor, clutching my chest as a panic attack took over my body. I breathed in and out quickly as I wailed from her reply. Pain and heartbreak consuming my body at the news of his death.

He can't be dead, we were supposed to grow old together, adopt kids and start a family, I didn't even get to say goodbye...

Sobs racked my body as I rocked my body back and forth. After some time I felt a hand on my shoulder as she stared into my eyes.

"H-how do you know?" I whimpered out.

She frowned, "I felt the loss of his soul and it was confirmed when I was able to see him in the afterlife. Max is there now as well."

I widened my eyes and whimpered. "M-max..?" I whispered, my voice hoarse from crying so much.

She titled her head in confusion, "Do you not know who put you here? What happened to Axel?"

I frowned as fear struck my chest. "He was Axels second in command, well he would be when a Axel would become Alpha.. " I spoke then continued to recite the time I was mugged and how Axel said he'd call me. I knew nothing of the sorts of what happened.

Her frowned deepened, "I'm so sorry Theo, Axel was killed by Max's henchmen. And I sent Max up to the afterlife after he admitted his sins. But it is for the best anyways.."

My head darted towards her in shock, "For the best?! My fucking boyfriend is dead, the love of my life is gone and now I have nothing to live for!" I screamed in frustration as the pain and anger took over me.

"All in good time my love, it will all makes sense to you, I know it hurts but it had to happen." She stated, unfazed by my screaming.

"What do you mean?! Tell me now, I demand an explanation! This doesn't make sense! You can't kill and Alpha so easily!" I yelled in agony as an unknown rage took over my body, making me tremble.

She widened my eyes at the sight of me and reached forward to take my hand which I snatched away. "You need to calm down Theo, then I will explain everything" Her voice becoming frantic as I wailed and shook harder.

I payed no mind to her voice as it fell upon deaf ears, my body vibrated with such a sheer force of power that I had never felt before, it was powerful and excruciatingly painful as my body trembled, vibrated and shook on the floor.

"What's happening?!" I screamed out.

"This is happening too soon!" Her voice appeared among my screams.

Suddenly the pain had intensified to such an unbearable state that I couldn't help but pass out on the cold concrete floor, my 'mother' standing above me with a frightened expression on her face.

Unknown POV;

I didn't want to do it, I felt dirty, I felt like a traitor. But I had orders and now here I was afraid of the consequences. I did the right thing. I was sure of it. Now the waiting game would come to play.