☾ Chapter 34 ☽

Authors note;
As usual, I'm rewarding you all for your patience with a longer chapter & more POV's than usual! Attempting to publish 5 books regularly is a struggle I must admit, but totally worth it! Enjoy :)

Theo's POV

The familiar creak of the metal door opening caused my eyes to dart open. Footsteps echoed throughout the room, coming to a stop at the end of the bed. I heard his ragged breathe, each pant caused my body to tense in fear. But the fear I had grown accustomed to, it made my eyes filled to the brim with tears as his body came closer to mine, his touch bringing a chill to my bones. My pleas fell to deaf ears, I willed my eyes to shut, wanting it all to be over. He would stay, bring utter torment to my body, mind and soul, polluting it with his dirty hands... then he would go, leaving me a weakling, terrified and vulnerable, ridding me of my purity, terrified for his next appearance.

Axel's POV

Time, they say things take time, but all I could do was relentlessly stress and wish for time to just stop altogether. The heartache I felt didn't measure up to anything I've ever encountered before.

I stared out the snow-coated window, soft peaks fell from the sky, lightly dusting the frosted ground. It's not that I've given up, these thoughts replaying in my mind over and over again as I couldn't wrap my head around what had happened in the past week.

A nudge made me turn to face Lucas, his eyes sad but his smile comforting in a way.

"Hot chocolate?" He offered, his hand outstretched, the smell hit my nose as I gladly accepted, wrapping my frozen fingers around the hot beverage. 

Up until Lucas had appeared I had no recollection of how cold I was, but after taking a delicate sip of the delicious goodness, the cold hit me full force. I shivered, thankful for the drink. My mind was a frenzy, any other thoughts simply bypassed me. 

Lucas sat across to me, his own hot chocolate in his hands. We sat there in silence, not so much an awkward silence but comfortable perhaps. The worn lounge and warm drinks keeping us refuge from the bitter cold outside.

I felt exhausted, I wanted it to be the physical torture I had endured but my brain struggled, to grasp the concept of losing Theo, the mental torment was way more scaring than anything I've ever endured. My hurt for losing Theo was boundless. I had no idea how I could continue living, reliving each moment we spent together, it just brought daggers to my already broken heart. 

"You okay?" Lucas nudged me with his toe. I turned my head to look at him, Why did he want to help me? I was baffled by his kindness towards me and my father. 

I nodded in appreciation. Maybe all he felt was the pity for me? I was perplexed but grateful for his goodwill nevertheless.  As it may be, I could come to terms with the complexity of the situation at hand, my pack dishevelled, Max taking over, Theo gone.. Just thinking about it all had my mind a mess or sorrow, and regret. 

The anger I once felt threated to spill over the surface but I knew it wouldn't solve anything. Maybe being situated in Lucas's hideaway, away from the world was my way of coping. But at the back of my mind, there always was that nagging feeling of bringing honour to the Pack and bringing justice for Theo. But I felt lost without him, torn between wallowing in my self-pity or fighting back for what's right. 

As we stared out the window, my hot chocolate long cold, I contemplated what was, what could have been and what came to be. 

Max's POV