Chapter 10

Mary            

I can't believe Xiumin actually confessed to me. It feels so unreal. I can't wait to see him at school. I made sure I looked nicer than usual and that my hair wasn't everywhere. I walked to my bus stop and saw Xiumin waiting there, alone.

"Xiumin?" I call out his name and he instantly turn around to look at me. He smiles and I walk to his side. He suddenly holds my hand and I could feel my face heating up. He turns me around and looks at me and holds both of my hands in his and blows into it. I didn't realise my hand were this cold because I was so excited to see Xiumin. He intertwines our hands and I swear if someone saw me they probably thought I looked like a tomato.

"Why are your hands so cold?" He says and I felt touched to know that he cares. I'm afraid if I say something, I might end up saying something weird so I just shrugged and turned away from him.

"Did you do well for your science report?" I say, trying to make conversation but I sound so awkward. I need to calm down or else I'll become more nervous.

"Yes, I did. Thanks to you," he says and I laugh. Why are you so awkward? I mentally slap myself and try to become more natural. I start to talk about the reports and the exams that are coming up until I notice he was zoning out. His eyes were looking at something else and it looked like he wasn't listening to me. Is he sick?

"Xiumin?" I say worriedly and link my arm with his. I don't know where I had the courage to do that. He suddenly looks at me and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask and he smooths out my hair with his free hand and smiles. 

"Nothing. I just was just thinking about some stuff," he says. 

"What kind of stuff?" I say and he stiffens a bit.
"J-just thinking about how lucky I am to have you," he stutters and scratches the back of his neck. I become a bit shy and turn away from him. I blush and I could feel my heart beating faster. I look down the road and see the bus coming.

"The bus is coming," I say and lightly pull him over to the bus. 

I walk onto the bus and scan my card. Xiumin walks behind me and we sit near the back. The seat behind us was occupied by the red haired boy who I ran into a few days ago. I remember him calling me cute and bumping into him on the bus. He looked pissed off and was looking straight ahead. I wonder why but I shouldn't be nosy. It's none of business anyways. 

I sit on the seat and I feel a bit sleepy.

"I'm sleepy. Let me borrow your shoulder until we reach school," I say and lay my head on his shoulder. I felt so nervous but I wanted to be comfortable with him and not be so weird. I soon felt him put his head on top of mine whilst holding my hands. I bit my lip from smiling so much and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

We get to school and go our separate ways. I walk to my locker and see Stephanie walking down the halls. She sees me and quickly walks over to me. She was holding another milk bottle and I swear all this week, I've only seen her drinking milk.

"Is it true about you and Xiumin?" She says. Why is she worried though? She doesn't seem too happy about it. I nod and smile brightly. She just gives me a small smile and I look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"You don't seem too happy about it," I say and she just smiles again but this time bigger.

"I am. I'm just a bit shocked," she says and I nod.

I close my locker and the two of us start heading to class.

"All the girls are talking about it in class," she says.