Chapter 25

Baekhyun

"When the rain falls and the music flows I think of you
The night when you left it was raining like this
When the rain falls and the music flows I think of you
The night when you left it was raining like this"

I started to sing one of the songs my mum used to practise with me when I was younger. When she found out that I could sing, she had sent me to all the best vocalist trainers and she taught me herself, as she was a former piano teacher. One of best ones I have to say. At first I didn't like all the stress that had been put on me because I was so young but I learned to love music after hearing this song. I loved how the music would move me rather than I move to the music, I was inspired by so many songs. Now, I don't go to lessons as much as I used to but I do go once in a while.

I finish off the piece with a small blush. I hope Mary likes it. I was so nervous before but now I feel better. What if she didn't like it though? What if I wasn't as impressive as she thought I was? I slowly turned around to see a shocked Mary and smirking Taehyung. They both applauded me and I couldn't help but feel shy and embarrassed.

"Baekhyun that was beautiful, can't sing my ass," Mary says whilst weakly punching me. I smiled and blushed at her comment.

"You have to audition," Mary pleads and holds my hand. I was slightly shocked at the skin ship and just smiled.

"Maybe," I say and she pouts.

"C'mon we still have 30 minutes of study session. Let's go back to the library," he says.

****

I was walking into my home economics class and walked over to my seat next to Taehyung. I didn't realise that last lesson we would have to work with the same person for the rest of the year.

"Godamn it, I'm stuck with you," I say as I sit next to Taehyung. He grins happily and looks back at the recipe in front of him. It was simple recipe on how to make pasta. Great, if making a cake was hard then it would be harder to work with him to make pasta.

"Don't burn anything like how you did with the cake," I mumble.

"It's not my fault that I put it in for too long," he says defensively. I shake my head and lay my head on my crossed arms. The teacher walks in and class begins. He explains on the rules and what not to do. I look at Taehyung who's nodding and listening intently even though I know he will completely forget about this later.

We begin making the pasta by washing the vegetables. As I wash them, my eyes instantly land on Mary and Zen who are laughing together whilst making their pasta. I took deep breaths to calm myself but I hadn't realised that my hands weren't listening to me. I didn't realise that I crushed one of the tomatoes in my hands until I felt an odd liquid running down my hand. The tomato seeds stuck to my hand I instantly got shocked at my actions. What the hell am I doing?

"Well, that's one less tomato in our pasta," Taehyung says and I groan. I wash off the tomato off my hand furiously and hear Taehyung's deep chuckle behind me.

"Calm down will you. It's not the end of the world," he says and I sit back down onto a stood whilst Taehyung finishes off my job.

"Let's just start with the pasta already," I mumble and start chopping the capsicums. We both work in silence whilst I take small looks at Taehyung every now and then to make sure he was doing everything right. We finished the pasta just in time but we completely forgot about the pasta and only made the sauce. Good job Baekhyun, you thought Taehyung was stupid but you completely forgot about the main part of the dish. Amazing job.

The sauce looked edible and Mr. Kim came around to taste the food. He came to our table and looked at us questioningly.

"We forgot the pasta," I mumble and he just writes something quickly on his clipboard. There goes my easy A. He takes a spoonful and his eyes widen. I was half hoping in happiness but that soon faded when he started coughing. He shot us a glare before shaking his head and writing onto his clipboard. I frown as I look at our pot. What's wrong with ours? Taehyung and I both take a taste before realising something. It was way too salty.

"Taehyung you dumb shit," I hiss as I groan. He was the one who put the salt in godamn it. Why the hell did I trust him with the salt?

"Sorry, we were in a rush and I wasn't bothered looking at the recipe cause I thought it would be enough," he says with a pout. I just slap the back of his head before heading out of the classroom. Thank god lunch was now or else I would've only tasted salt in my mouth for the rest of the day. I went to my locker and started putting my books away and grabbed my lunch. I suddenly heard a slap and the hallways instantly became quiet. I turn to the direction of the commotion and saw Mary holding her cheek in pain whilst a girl, who doesn't even go to our school, stood in front of her with a cold glare. Everyone gasped and began whispering but it soon silenced when the girl spoke up.

"You slut."

Thanks joanaa_xo for the amazing book covers xx