Chapter 23

Baekhyun            

"She has plans with me so please excuse us."

Woo Bin looks slightly surprised at my cold tone but quickly recovers it with another one of his famous smirks.

"Oh I am so very sorry," he says with sarcasm dripping from his voice. He bows and points his arm making it look like he was trying to be a gentleman. Gentleman my ass. I grabbed Mary's hand and we both quickly walked away from the school.

"Thanks," Mary says once we were out of the school.

"No problem," I say whilst smiling over at her. I pull my hand away from her making sure I wasn't making her feel uncomfortable. We walk all the way to the café Taehyung and Stephanie were at and walked in. I spotted the two in a booth in the back and walked over to them with Mary trailing behind.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Sorry we're late," Mary says. "We just ran into some trouble."

"It's ok. We already ordered since Taehyung knew this place the best out of all of us," Stephanie says whilst we sit on the other side of the booth. The food and drinks soon come and we begin eating them.

"So Mary, how do you know Zen?" Taehyung suddenly says which caught both Mary and I off guard.

"He was helping me get a book and we kind of talked for a bit, I guess," she says and Taehyung nods in satisfaction. I shoot a weird look at Taehyung and he just winks at me. What's up with this kid?

"So how do you feel about him?" Taehyung says with a smirk. I give him a glare for him to stop.

"He's pretty cool," she says with a slightly unsure tone. Probably questioning Taehyung's behaviour.

"How do you feel about Baekhyun?" Taehyung says. Is he purposely trying to push with my buttons?

"Taehyung," I hiss and he just smirks. Stephanie just sat silently and drank her drink whilst watching Taehyung piss me off.

"Baekhyun is my best friend," Mary says cutely whilst hugging my arm. I wasn't expecting that.

"Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure I am Baekhyun's best friend," he says with a deep chuckle.

"You sure?" She says with a daring tone. Where is this conversation going?

"I bet Baekhyun will choose me," he says and I look at him with a confused face. He mouths something to be but I can't tell what he's saying.

"Baekhyun, is it Mary or Taehyung?" Stephanie says. Finally, this girl decides to speak.

"I choose...Mary," I say and Mary squeals. She jumps onto me and hugs me.

"Told you," Mary says whilst poking her tongue at Taehyung. He smirks and gives me a thumbs up. The hell...? I don't get him at all.

"Hey, do you guys know anyone who graduated last year with the initials M.Y?" Stephanie says and Mary jumps up.

"Ah, yeah do you guys know any?" Mary says. I shake my head whilst Taehyung pretends to stroke his imaginary beard.

"I think I do know one," he says and Stephanie turns to him with a shocked expression. She suddenly smiles and grabs his arm.

"Really?" She says with a hopeful tone.

"You remember Min Yoongi?" Taehyung says to me and I shake my head. I don't recall remembering anyone having that name.

"I had detention with him once because he was caught sleeping in class," he says.

"Why were you there then?" I say with a chuckle.

"I accidentally spilled water on Ms. Park's maths test. You know how scary she is. She gave me a freaking detention because I split water on her maths tests. It. Was. An. Accident," Taehyung says whilst emphasising on the word accident.

We all burst into laughter and continued to talk for a few more hours before leaving. we had all gone different directions to go home. I was walking home when I suddenly walked past a store with an interesting poster.

SM TOWN ENTERTAINMENT

AUDITIONS