Chapter 3

Shawn's Pov;

It was dark. We were running through the forest. She was running away from me and her giggles echoed in the trees.

"Stop Shawn! I'm gonna trip!" She exclaimed looking back at me. "Then turn around!" I laughed.

She soon stopped running, and rested her back on a tree. She looked me in the eyes.

I got closer to her and put my arms around her waist. She looks at me and then wraps her arms around my neck.

She had a bright smile on her face, and so did I. She leaned and got closer to my face.

She started leaning in, and I followed. Then she dodged and whispered into my ear.

"Shawn, I heard something. Shawn, please wake up."

________

I quickly open my eyes to find a very frightened Violet. I walked over to her.

"Shawn, there was footsteps coming towards the door." She whispers in fear, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm here V, I'm here. I promise." I said trying to calm her down. "Thank you Shawn." She lightly smiled. I smiled into her eyes, as if she were mine.

Although she wasn't and will never be after this.

It was my job to do as I was told. And being nice to her was not one one of those things.

I got up and walked back to my chair. She began looking around the room. "Shawn." I heard her voice.

"If this wasn't your idea, then who is behind this?" She questions. "Uh, that I can't tell you." I say nervously.

"Why?!" She started to get angry. "Because, it isn't my place to tell you!" I yell back. "Oh I'm sure your right. You just don't have the guts." She rolls her eyes.

I was so tempted to spill everything, I mean we used to be best friends, but I'm doing this to save her life. I actually wasn't drunk at the party.

"I'm sorry, I promise I will tell you what you need to know, and this isn't something you need to know." I say with a frown.

I'm not the bad guy in all of this. The person that put me up to this is the bad guy, not me. Definitely not me.

She just lowered her head as tears slowly dripped down her cheeks. My heart fell apart at the sight.

We were sitting in silence, until we hear voices. Loud voices. "We know your in here!" It was the police.

I couldn't go to jail, not at my age. I quickly managed to untie violet. The voices were getting louder and closer. She was trying to help, too.

"Come on!" I yell frustrated. There was soon a loud bang, and I finally got her untied.

"Go!" I push her towards the window. "S-Shawn, I don't k-know if I can do it." She stuttered, her face covered in fear and dry tears staining her rosy red cheeks.

"Look, there's a trash can! Just jump into it!" I yell. "I c-can't." She started to sob. "I'll go first, and all you have to do is aim and jump. I promise I will catch you." I grab her shoulders.

"But Shawn." I stop her. "You can trust me." I say then the sounds got louder and the door lock was moving. I hurried to the window, closed my eyes, and whispered, "This is it."

Violet's pov;

Shawn was climbing up on the window edge, as the police banged on the door. I could have stayed behind and let the cops find me.

But I couldn't. I trusted Shawn. Although I don't remember all about him, it was all starting to come back.

He was my best friend, and he already admitted he wasn't behind this. And I believed him. I trusted him.

"All you have to do is jump, Violet. Just jump." Shawn whispers, wiping the tears off my face. I nodded.

It was a pretty high fall, but not too high. I turned my head away as Shawn freely jumped out of the window. This was dangerous, but I knew I had to trust him.

I waited a minute before I looked out the window. And there he was, popping up out of the trash.

I laughed. "I got you, just jump." He yelled. I nodded to myself. I look back at the door, and see the lock broke off and they burst through the door.

I was on the edge and I could fall any second now. They ran over to me but before they could grab me,

I was falling

--------------------------------------------------------

Halu! Sorry I haven't updated.

Q: Have you been to a SM concert?

A: Yup😊💗

Vote and comment:)))

-Lexi🌼