Chapter 11

**A few weeks later**

Violets Pov;

My eyes are opened to someone repeatedly saying my name. I look over and beside me was my mother.

"Hey sweetie, how ya feeling?" She says holding my hand. I shrug. "I-I've been better." My voice cracks, and I try to clear my throat.

"Well, today we have to go stop by the police station." She says and I immediately become confused.

"P-police station?" I ask. "Yep, they have to ask you some questions in order for Shawn to be released." She replies, smiling.

The doctor soon comes in. "She can go home as long as she takes this medicine and she needs more sleep, but be sure to keep an eye on her, and make sure she is eating. A lot." He exaggerated, causing me to roll my eyes.

We start to gather our stuff, and my mom gives me some clothes. I walk to the bathroom, I take a quick shower, then change.

After I finish, my mom grabs my hand and we walk to her car. She helps me get in and I buckle.

She got in the passenger side and started driving off. A couple minutes later I see my mom tearing up.

"What's wrong?" I ask worried. She sniffled, and wipes under her eyes. "You know, I thought you weren't gonna make it out. And I don't believe Shawn has anything to do with this. But this is why we have to go." She says and holds my hand.

"Mom, what if Shawn is behind all of it." I say. "Honey, I doubt he is." She says. "He didn't hurt me. He protected me." I said.

Then we were finally here.

We walked inside and my eyes immediately met with those familiar dark chocolate brown eyes.

He looked restless, and as if he had been crying for years. The moment he saw me, his eyes got big and he had a big smile.

I smiled back, but it was a weak smile. "Follow me please, Ma'am." The officer said.

He leads me to a room that looked like it was off one of those criminal shows. I sit in the chair and they began to question me.

"Now, we have only a few questions and be 100% honest, ok?" He asks, fiddling with papers. I nod.

"Did Shawn or Cameron personally touch you, or assault you?" He asks, and I try to remember.

"They taped me to a chair, and slapped me but that's it." I said, not wanting to speak.

"Did Shawn or Cameron rape you?" He asks. I shake my head no. This was a very uncomfortable question and I wanted out of here.

"Who kidnapped you?" He asks. "Shawn, sir, but-" He cuts me off. "Shawn will be held in jail-" I couldn't take it anymore. I knew the truth and I didn't care what Cameron did, I can't hide it. I quickly stood up, no matter how much it hurt.

"LISTEN TO ME, CAMERON PUT SHAWN UP TO THIS AND HE THREATENED HIM, SHAWN IS INNOCENT, HE DIDN'T HURT ME. CAMERON HAS LITERALLY MURDERED AND RAPED GIRLS. SHAWN HAS NOT! HE IS INNOCENT!" I had a very bad temper when it comes to the people I love. Wait what?

"Miss Harper, sit down." He says as more officers try to calm me. "I will not! That is the truth! Believe me, don't believe me, I don't care. Just please know that Shawn isn't guilty. I have known him my whole life. Please." I plead looking him in the eyes.

"Okay." And that was all he had said. Shawn is innocent and I know he is. I proved my point and it felt great.

I walked out of the room and ran to my mom. I collapsed in her arms. All of this stress was weighing down on me.

As tears rolled down my cheeks, the officers talked to Shawn's parents and mine. I looked up and saw him standing by himself.

I slowly got out of my mother's embrace and walked over to him. We didn't say a word. He looked at me and almost said something. Then he looked away.

"I'm sor-" He began but I cut him off by giving him a hug. He was tense at first, but he then wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me tight, but not too tight.

After a what felt like forever, I finally let go. "I was saying, I'm sorry. I hope you know the truth. Well, of course you do. I heard you yelling it in there." He quietly laughed.

"I forgive you, Shawn."