Chapter 13

Shawn's Pov;

Today was a very special day. It was violet's 18th birthday. Some of her friends and family were planning to surprise her with a party.

Cliché, I know right? But me, being her best friend, I was also in on it. I had everything planned out and we were just about to set it up.

"Alright Shawn, call her and ask her to hang out." Mrs. Harper says clapping her hands. I laugh and pull my phone out, dialing her number.

After a few rings, she finally answers. "Hello." Her voice was muffled and quiet, as if she had just awoke and was under the covers.

"I'm guessing you just woke up?" I chuckled as she let out a soft giggle. "Oops. What do you want, Mendes." She asks, shuffling coming from her side of the phone.

"Um, nothing really. Just wanted to hang out, I mean it is Saturday and I was really bored." I lied. I had to pretend I forgot her birthday, in which I couldn't ever.

"Oh okay." She sounded slightly confused and disappointed, thinking I forgot. Atleast the plan was working.

"I'll pick you up in 20 minutes." Then I hung up. I was silently praying that she would fall for it.

*****
"Hey cutie." I said, while *trying* to wink at Violet as she climbed in my car. "Hey." Her tone was gloomy in a way.

"Listen, I want today to be wonderful and I have the best hang out place ever. I mean, I was bored with nothing to do, so why not?" I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. Whatever." She took a deep breath. I continued to drive to the area where her secret birthday party would be held.

When we arrived, I parked the car around back so she couldn't see and then I helped her out.

As we walked, she had her hand intertwined with mine. The feeling was so unreal, mainly because it felt so right.

Call me cliché, whatever. We finally got to the spot. "SURPRISE!!" Everyone jumped up as soon as I took the bandanna off that I put on her.

Tears brimmed in her eyes. Wow. She looked so happy. For the first time in forever.

"Oh my, who's idea was this?" She sniffled, whilst wiping her tears. Everyone's hands pointed in the direction behind her.

I was behind her. I blushed and raised my hand with a shrug, looking down, smiling at the ground. (QUE 1D SONG)
She turned around and wrapped me in her warm embrace. "Thank you, Shawn. Or should I say Mendes?" She whispered in my ear. I laughed as she pulled away.

"Mendes is fine. It brings back memories. Good ones of course." I said, watching her eyes sparkle in the light.

We soon joined to everyone near the party. Everyone was eating then we heard a screech. Kind of like Violet when she's happy.

I looked over and she was standing by her cake. "Shawn!! Mendes!! Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed while covering her mouth with one hand.

"You like it?" I asked, slightly biting my lip. "I love it." It was a picture us when we were little. We were sitting in a sandbox, and she was pouring sand into my hair. We looked so happy.

I was soon snapped back into reality as her mom came over. "Aw, look at you two." She smiled, holding up a camera.

"Pose." She said, as we stood there looking at eachother. "Um. What kind of pose, Mom?" She asked, in a silly voice.

"Okay, Shawn pick her up, and Violet, you can just, oh heck, do whatever." She laughed along with us.

I picked her up bridal style and we started laughing as she took the picture.

"Perfect." It was a Polaroid camera where the picture just came out of the bottom. She handed Violet the picture, so we could both look at it.

My head was tilted back, showing laughter on my face. She was laughing also, but looking at me.

"Cuties." Mrs. Harper whispered as she walked away. I laughed and Violet blushed.

"Sorry, my mom is so full of herself." She laughed. "No, it's fine. My mom is the same way." I explained, grabbing her hand and linking it with mine. Big move, trust me.

But for now, I will take chances, and I will go for it. "Violet, I know you may think it's a little sudden, and you may disagree, but I think we are absolutely perfect for each other. I can't stand thinking you aren't mine, and I hate that I can't just kiss you when I want to, and I wanna know if-" I said before she cut me off, kissing me. It was passionate and gentle.

"Of course." She leaned up and kissed me once again. We smiled and pulled apart. "I mean, how could I say no?" She whispered, smiling.

Kidnapped (Shawn Mendes)*COMPLETED*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें