Chapter 23

(Violet)

"Come on, you're kidding! This man is begging for forgiveness!" Janice covered her mouth out of shock. I nodded.

"I just don't know what to do." I explained. I was telling her about the flowers Shawn got for me.

"Honey, here's what I would do, wait a week, or however long you think you can trust him again, and forgive him. He's obviously trying his best. If my man was drop dead gorgeous, there's no way I could keep him out of my pan-" She cuts her self off, causing us both to laugh.

"You're a genius! That's exactly what I will do, thank you so much Jan." I hugged her tightly.

"Play along with the game, if he keeps buying you stuff, show it in return, without running straight back to him. The little things count." She spoke, and began to clean up the store.

I walked to the window, and turned the OPEN sign off, and switched on CLOSED. I put my hands on my hips, and sighed heavily.

"Well, I'm gonna head home now if you don't need help." I told Jan, and she nodded. "Bye sweetie, I've got it." She says, and I smile at her, and walk to my car.

After about 20 minutes, I arrive at home, and park my car in the garage. I notice Shawn's jeep is gone. Where is my son?!

I ran inside, worried that Shawn left him alone. I seen no one home, and I called Shawn. After two rings, he picked up.

(Phone call)
S: hello?
V: where is my son?!
S: he's with me, w-we ran to the store.
V: thank god
S: bye
V: bye
S: I love y-

I ended the call, and I knew what he was going to say. I don't have the guts to say it back right now, so I'll pretend I didn't hear it.

My heart beat slowed, and I sighed of relief. I walked into the kitchen, and found a note.

It read:

Violet,

Took Eli to the store with me, be back soon. Take a warm bath, and relax, love.

                             Sincerely,
                                   Shawn

I walked upstairs, and into my bathroom. Tears threatened to fall as I seen rose petals leading to the bath tub.

He had already prepared the hot bath for me, and candles were burning. That's not too safe, Shawn. Leaving the house with candles burning.

I slid my clothes off, and climbed into the bath. I wish I could just forgive him easily, but sadly, I can't. Why? Because he deserves punishment, or else he'll do it again.

I'm so cruel, aren't I?

(Shawn)

As I was driving him, Elliot began to speak. "Dad, I wanna be like you some day." I smiled at his words, and chuckled a bit.

"Why is that?" I asked him. He giggled. "You got muscles! And you are tall!" I laugh and focus my eyes on the road, and soon we were home.

"Where's mommy?" Eli asked, looking around. "Her car is here, she has to be." I exclaimed.

She soon walks downstairs, with her hair wrapped in a towel. Eli runs to seek her embrace, and I stand back, watching every move with a huge smile on my face. She smiles at me, and my heart felt warm for the first time in a long time.

In the end, there is a path to happiness, but you have to pass the bumpy roads first.

Today's page in the book said to let her relax. I knew that bathing was one of her favorite things, and I wanted to get on her good side.

My father always told me, if you want to do something, do it. With a lot of faith and effort, you'll get there, son. I remember his words everyday.

Like singing your favorite song in your head. It repeats, and repeats, all day, everyday.

I am nothing compared to my father, and I strive to be like him, one day.