Chapter 15

(Violet)

As I opened my eyes, I saw Shawn. He had his head in his hands, and was sitting next to the bed. I heard him sniffle, and mumble 'I'm so sorry'.

"For what?" My weak voice questioned. He immediately looked up, and his eyes got wide.

"Babe, you-you're okay." He said, kissing my forehead. His cheeks were stained with tears, and he looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks.

"What happened?" I asked. "What exactly do you remember?" He said, Ignoring my question. "I remember seeing him, and I passed out." I said, truthfully.

"Well, when I heard the phone drop, I knew something was wrong and I called the police. They arrived, and said that they found you passed out on the floor." He took a deep breath, and cleared his throat.

I put my hand on his, and nodded, telling him to continue. "And, there was blood next to you. Eli was screaming from upstairs, and they f-found Cameron trying to, trying to," His voice was shaky, and he couldn't talk through his tears.

"He tried to kill our child, Violet. He almost strangled him to death." Shawn choked out. I was emotionless. How did he get out of jail? How did he find me? Is he coming back? Where is my child?

As all these questions were running through my head, I was relieved to have heard the most precious voice.

"Daddy? Is mum okay?" Tears formed in my eyes. "Yes baby, she is okay." Shawn looked me in the eyes, smiling. I blushed.

Although Shawn and I have been together for almost 3 years now, he still gave me butterflies. I am falling for him more each day.

Elliot climbed up in the bed, and snuggled up to me. I jumped a little when he touched my side. "Be careful with mommy, remember, she's hurt." Shawn told Elliot.

"Daddy, I would never do anything to hurt mum." He laughed. I tried to hold back my tears. "Hey, Eli, go put your dinosaur toys up." Shawn said.

"They aren't toys! They're real!" He exclaimed running out. After he left, Shawn looked at me as if he was waiting for me to ask him something.

"Is he back in jail?" I whispered, scared to hear his answer. He looked down.

"He jumped out of the window before they could catch him." Shawn said. "Who knows where he could be." My heart sunk to the floor. I know we're in danger.

I don't feel safe at all with Cameron running around. "Shawn, we need to do something, he could kill us if he tried to." I explained.

"I know, but what else can we do? I've installed alarm systems, and I even hired security guards, I'm praying that will keep him out." Shawn sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry. Let's just not talk about it." I whispered, afraid we would get into another fight. A little while ago, Shawn and I were arguing and it got so bad that he left for a week. Of course, he couldn't stay away from me and Eli, so he came back.

"How about I help you get ready, and we can take little man to the park." Shawn said, getting up from the chair.

"I gotta take a shower." I leaned to get up, and of course, Shawn stopped me. "Hey, why not save water?" He whispered, I laughed. "You're very funny, Mendes. Please,  check on Eli?" It came out as more of a question. He nodded.

Then, there was a knock on the door. As Shawn opened it, Eli stood there, looking as if he had seen a ghost.

"I think I saw a spider, will you come kill it daddy?" Elliot frowns. Shawn laughs, and they both walk out the door. I turned on the shower, and walked out of the bathroom.

I walked into my closet, searching for an outfit when I came across a box. It had 'From:Shawn To:Sara' sloppily written on the side.

My curiosity got the best of me, and I began to open the box. As I pulled the lid off, Shawn appears behind me, and quickly grabs the box before I could see what was in it, placing the lid back on it.

"It's just some important work stuff, nothing serious." He mumbles, placing it where I can't quite see.

"Why can't I read it?" I laughed. "You just can't!" He yells, anger rushing through him. He walks out, leaving me clueless

I grabbed my clothes, and hopped in the shower, letting the warm, soothing water embrace me.

After I finished, I grabbed a towel, and peeked downstairs to find Elliot sitting at the table playing with cars, and Shawn cooking something while on the phone. I listened closely to his conversation.

"No, I do love you, I just don't have the time anymore." I assumed he was talking to his parents. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the next thing that came out of Shawn's mouth, and I knew right away he wasn't talking to his parents.

"Yes for sure, I'll be there babygirl." Is he cheating on me? No, he wouldn't. It's probably just Aaliyah. I walked all the way downstairs, and picked Eli up, placing him on my hip.

As I stood beside of Shawn, he jumped and put one hand on his heart. "Sorry, I gotta go." He hung up, and looked over at me. "Hi beautiful." He kissed me, wait what? This dude is bipolar.

"Who was that." I question, referring to his cell phone call. "Oh uh, just Aaliyah." He shrugged. "Oh okay." I kiss Eli's cheek, and set him down on the ground, letting him run around.

I can trust Shawn, I guess I'm just overreacting.