Chapter 17

(Shawn)

I ran my hands through my hair, and looked in the mirror of Sara's bathroom. I messed up, very badly, but I don't need to focus on that.

I walked out, and returned back to the couch. The guilt took over me and I felt queasy.

"I can't do this." I said in a normal tone, and grabbed my stuff, reaching the door. "But, babe, what's wrong?!" She yelled in a high pitched voice.

"Sara, I have a girlfriend, and a child. I can't cheat, it's not at all right."
I slammed the door, and climbed into my jeep. I drove back home, and my heart sunk as I seen that Violet's car was gone.

I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have been messing around with Sara. Now I'm gonna be known as the freak who cheated on the most beautiful girl in the world, named Violet Harper.

I sighed and hit my fist against the steering wheel, causing the horn to sound off, ringing my ears.

I walked inside, and seen the box for Sara lying on the floor. I picked it up, and threw it into the trash can.

I should have thought twice about this! Now the love of my life is gone. And this time, I'm not sure if I'll ever get her back.

**(Violet)**

"Mum?" Eli pulled on my shirt, and I snapped back into reality. "There's a creepy guy staring at us." He whispered, pointing in the direction of the guy.

I gasped.

He started to walk towards us, and Eli tightly gripped my shirt. "It's okay baby. He's my friend." I smile, and ran to hug the man I thought I'd never see again.

"Hey. Long time no see, V." He said, smiling. "And who's this little guy." He bent down to Eli's level.

"This is Elliot. Eli for short." I say, Eli looking up to me. "Well, hello Eli, I'm jack." Eli stuck his hand out to high five him.

"Jack! Will you and mommy watch me swing!" Elliot asked, eager for our attention. We both laughed and nodded.

We sat at the bench in front of the swing set. "So I'm guessing this is Shawn's kid?" G questioned. "Great guess. Lately, Shawn and I have been fighting, and he basically kicked me out." I looked down.

"I'm sorry hun. What happened?" He asked, surely intrigued. "I caught him cheating with a girl named Sara." I sighed, answering him.

"Oh dang, I hope It's not my ex Sara." He laughed. "She was a psycho. She never let me go anywhere without her, and if I did, she got so pissed and locked me up for hours." He explained. That sounded intense. I hope Shawn's not messing around with this girl. (Girl you bet your bottom he is).

"How did you get away from her?" I asked, confused as to how he would be here without her right now.

"I have a restraining order against her. That freak shall not get near me." He said in a fake, terrible British accent. I laughed.

"So, where are you staying if he kicked you out?" He asked. "Oh, with my parents. Goodness, I can't go anywhere else." We both laughed at my comment.

"You know, you could stay with me, I mean, if you'd like." He offers and I decline. "Oh no, I wouldn't want to bother you and your partner." I say, assuming because of how handsome he was, that he wasn't single.

"What partner? Dude I'm a single Pringle, And you aren't a bother, I'd be glad to have you two stay with me." He smiled, happy as can be. I just can't say no to that face.

"A few days couldn't hurt I guess." I mumble, and he fist bumps the air, saying a loud 'YAY!', earning stares from some people.

I pulled his arm down, chucking. I looked up to where Eli was swinging, and saw he was going a little too high.

"Eli, honey, slow down!" I yelled loud, but he didn't hear me. Jack and I walked to where he was.

"Eli! I said slow do-" I began, and stopped, when he let go of the handles, and fell backward, aiming the ground.

I turned my head, not able to look. "I got you, bud." I hear Jack say. I look at my son, laying in his arms, laughing. My heart melted at the sight. What am I saying?

"I was flying!" Eli exclaimed, talking to Jack. "How about we go back to get your stuff and go to my place?" Jack asked Eli. "Yeah!! Do you own any dinosaurs?" Eli asked as we began walking to the house.

"No, do you?!" Jack pretended to be stoked. Their conversation faded, as I walked a little a head of them.

And at this moment, even though I missed Shawn, and not everything was perfect, I felt safe.