Chapter 27

*continued*
(Violet)

I looked up and seen my worst nightmare. It wasn't Shawn, but it was Cameron.

I screamed as loud as I could, as Cameron held my hand and tried to pull me outside. Shawn ran in.

Before he could get to me, we were already outside. I was screaming as loud as I could, but it felt as if no one heard me, because no one was helping me.

I didn't want to go through this again, and I wasn't going to lose my family and life like this. Girls are as tough as guys, remember that.

I raised my fist, and punched him in the nose. I pulled my elbow back, and hit him in the gut. I felt bad, but he was hurting me more than I could've ever hurt him.

His face flamed to anger, and he tried to slap me, but I got out of his grip, and dodged it.

Just as I thought I was free, he picked me up and over his shoulder. I tried to break lose, but I still remained in his hold.

The moment I heard faint sirens, I felt almost relieved. He made a run for the forest, but he didn't make it too far, before I was dragged off him, and he was knocked on the ground.

They tazed him, and I ran for Shawn's safe embrace. I ignored the cops yelling at me, asking if I was fine. I ran until I collapsed on the hard ground.

Soon, I felt his arms wrap around me and pick me up. I wrapped my legs around his torso, and I sobbed into his neck.

Shawn held me tighter than ever, and told me everything was okay. Eli ran out of the house crying, and Shawn put me down, so I could hold Eli.

He ran into my arms, and clung to my neck. I held him, as Shawn hugged me.

I watched as the cops put Cameron in hand cuffs, and in the car.