Chapter 25

(Shawn)

*1 YEAR LATER*

Today, was a very big day for me. My decision was final. I couldn't wait any longer without making her mine forever.

I just hoped that she would give me the answer I was looking for. If you can't tell already, I'm asking her to be my wife.

Why? Because she is the absolute love of my life. She knows everything about me. My favorite things, my least favorite things, and more importantly, she knows how to make everything right.

As well as my son, she plays a big role in my life. I believe that anything is possible, and I will always believe it. I know she is the one I have always wanted.

I called one of my good friends to help me out with the proposal. "Hey dude! We only have a few hours until she's back from work, we have to hurry, but take your time." I told him as he got out of his car.

"Let's get to it then!" Brian exclaimed. I also called some more of my friends, and they should be here soon.

I was going to have my friend, Ian, to tell her that I have a surprise for her, and he will drive her here. We were at this place with a big waterfall. The view was breathtaking. I knew she would love it.

There would be rose petals leading up to where the waterfall area is, and there will be lights streaming everywhere.

It's not original, but it's definitely perfect. Eli was going to come in after I ask, and give her some flowers.

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

(Violet)

"Bye mom! I love you! Eli say bye to grammy." I knew my mother hated that nickname. He waved to her. "Bye grams! Tell pap I love him very much." Eli said out the window.

Yes, my father also hated being called pap, as well. We waved, and I started my destination home.

As I got there, Ian's car was parked in the driveway. Why is he here? I got out, and unbuckled Eli and we walked to his car.

He was sitting there looking at his phone, texting away. "Hey Ian! I'm assuming you're here for Shawn, right?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Actually, um, Shawn granted me permission to drive you to him, it's a surprise." Oh gosh, one of Shawn's dinner dates. Classic.

"Okay, well let me put my stuff down, and change and I'll be right out." I told him and took Eli inside.

"Go get changed into some comfy clothes, and put your toys away please." I told him, and he ran upstairs into his room.

I walked up to my room, and found some jeans, a dark red shirt, and my combat boots. I changed out of my nurse clothes.

After I was done, I grabbed Shawn's maroon hoodie, and my purse. I got Eli, and locked the door behind me.

We got in Ian's car, and he drove off down the road. A few minutes passed, and I noticed he wasn't going toward the diner that Shawn always takes me to.

"Ian? Where are we going?" I asked him, a little scared. I trusted Ian, but I mean, you never know.

"I'm not aloud to say, but trust me, I'm not going to hurt you guys." Ian explained, and I assumed he knew what happened in the past.