Chapter 9

Shawn's Pov;

It had been a few days since Cameron ran away with Violet. I was sitting in my room, on my bed, when my mom ran in as fast as she could, causing me to jump.

"Shawn, come quick they have found her and she's alive." I immediately sprint out of my room and the TV downstairs is on the news channel, exploding with details on their where abouts and such.

"I gotta go." And with that I grab my keys and run out the door. I hop into my jeep and start the car, backing out of the driveway faster than ever.

As I was driving down the road, I kept seeing visions from when Cameron was telling me to hurt her. To kill her.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I opened my eyes to see a car heading in my direction, I swerved to avoid it, and thankfully I was still alive.

I finally made it to the police station, and parked my car, and ran in not even bothering to lock it.

I seen a few officers standing by the door. But I saw the one that informed me she was dead.

"Where is she?" I ask trying to catch my breath. "We're going to find her, you can't come." He says causing my heart to drop.

"Please, I'm begging you sir. She is my best friend." I plead, trying to control my feelings, trying not to break down in front of them.

"Oh, alright. But no funny business this serious, let's go guys." He yells to all of them as they scurry out the door, I follow him to his car.

As we get in, and after I buckle, he speaks up. "This is gonna be a long and fast drive. Hold on tight." He says giving me the chills and putting the car in drive.

**** A few hours later ****

We were still driving and finally he stopped the car where there were many other police cars and ambulances.

"Stay here. For your protection." He gets out, pointing a gun near someone. I then noticed Cameron's truck was parked a few feet away and someone had their hands up.

I soon saw the most gorgeous but frightening thing ever. As they carried her body out and laid her on the ground, I urged to jump out of the car and save her, hug her, or hold her hand.

But I couldn't. This was a very serious situation and I could accidentally get hurt. Or Cameron could go crazy and try to kill me.

After he left with her, I had told the officers everything. Well almost everything. I told them he had done it before and got away with murder and I also told them that he was threatening other people. But I never told them he threatened me.

I held my seatbelt tightly, noticing that my hand was turning red and pale. I closed my eyes, hoping this would be over.

She could be severely hurt, or even worse she could be dead. And I don't even want to think about living in a world without her.

I would be depressed all of the time. I wouldn't be the same person I used to be. I want her to understand that I never wanted to harm her. I just couldn't risk her getting hurt by him, so I took her in and acted like I was the criminal.

I don't even know if I will get to apologize to her. If I do, I am most definitely sure she won't forgive me.

It was all playing out like a slow motion movie scene. Her lifeless body was still lying there on the cold ground as they brought him out with his hands behind his back in hand cuffs.

His eyes met mine and all I could see was pure hatred. He stared at me until they lowered his head and put him into the back of another police car.

It sent shivers down my back and I had a horrible feeling in my stomach. The police officer climbed in and I saw them putting her body into the ambulance.

"She is alive. But with her health, she could be gone in any minute. Shawn, I am very sorry this had to happen to you. And I'm very sorry for what I have to do. Please step out of the car."

His words confuse me and I get out and he comes around to the other side and pulls out hand cuffs, my eyes widen and my heart beats quickly as he pulls my hands behind me.

"S-sir, I'm innocent." I say, stuttering. "No, you aren't. Cameron had claimed you were apart of this also. Until we get more information, Sir, You are under arrest."