1.

Dedicated to @Aya_Maamoun
Thank you. XO

C H R I S T I N E

I wiped clean the last table and sighed, it was a long day filled with weird orders and clients. Some people fought others made out, it's like every one was on their periods with their hormones heightened.

I took the cloth and soap back to the kitchen and took my yellow gloves off, I closed the oven and turned off the lights then I went out to lock the cashier.

I heard the bell above the door rang and I looked up.

An attractive young man was standing in front of the desk, wearing a black suit and his shirt is slightly opened. His hair is a little bit messy and his brown eyes seemed bored and annoyed.

"Sorry but we're closed." I finally manged to speak.

"Then why is your doors open?" He raised an eyebrow and I sighed.

"I'll be fast" he said.

"Okay take a seat, I'll be back shortly" I said and he nodded.

I went back to the kitchen and turned on the light and switched on the oven. I took my note pad then headed back to his table.

" What would you like to eat?" I smiled.

"A burger and fried potatoes." He answered and I nodded.

"Anything else?" I still had a small smile.

"No, thank you...Christine" he grinned a little and I nodded.

I went back to the kitchen and heated up the grill and the cooking oil, I cut the potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce and onions.

I put the burger on the grill to my left and put the potatoes in the frying machine. I put the bottom part of the pun in front of me then I put on top of it the lettuce, a slice of tomato and a slice of onion.

I flipped the burger up side down after that I took the potatoes out of the machine and put them on a plate.

After the burger was cooked I put it on the sandwich I made earlier and put some ketchup and mayonnaise on then I put the top part of the pun on.

I put the food on a tray and went back to his table.

"Here you go" I smiled as I served him the food.

"Do you want to drink something?" I asked and he shook his head, he took a bite of his sandwich and groaned.

"That's really good, thank you" he grinned and I blushed.

"You're welcome" I smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and he nodded.

"What are you doing here in the middle of night?" I asked, it was strange to have costumers at this time.

"I had a late meeting and my cook decided to quit last night and this diner was the closest thing I could find." He answered, he does look kinda tired.

"Christine, you literally saved my life" he said and I chuckled.

" I gotta close the oven and clean the kitchen if you need anything...just shout my name" I said and he nodded.

I went back to the kitchen and started cleaning. I bet this guy is some kind of millionaire who had a late meeting for some product he's releasing. I wonder what it is?

He doesn't seem arrogant or cocky in anyway or maybe because he's tired and starving who knows how he acts in the mornings.

What's his name? It's none of my business but curiosity has always been my problem.

I washed my hands and wiped them with a clean towel before heading back to the stranger.

"Thank you very much, it was delicious" he smiled. He has a beautiful smile that you would love to stare at for hours.

"You're welcome" I said.

"Christine, Would you like to work for me?" That was a sudden question, it shocked me.

"You only have to cook for me three times a week and I'll pay whatever you want." He said, his eyes filled with pleads and hope like a child asking his parents if he can go to the park. Yup...he's definitely a different kind of a millionaire.

"Can you give me some time to think?" I asked, I need to see what Jennifer and my mom think of this.

"Sure thing" he nodded.

"How much do you want for the burger?" He asked.

"Um..5 dollars" I always found telling the price of something to someone is awkward.

He took his wallet out of his jacket and gave me 50 dollars.

"That's a lot, I can't accept it" I shook my head slightly.

"Keep it" he winked at me before he turned around and headed for the door.

"Wait" I said, he looked over his shoulder.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Mathew" he smirked at me and went out of the door.

Well that was a weird meeting.

■ ■ ■

"You're late!!" I honestly didn't expect her to be up this late especially with her situation.

"Mom! You shouldn't be up, you should be resting" I exclaimed, I threw my bag on the wooden floor.

"I'm fine! Now tell me young lady why are you so late?!" She put her hands on her hips and I sighed.

"I had a late customer." I answered.

"Is that all?" She asked and I nodded.

I took her arm and put it on my shoulder and helped her walk to her room.

"I'm okay" she whispered as she laid her head on the pillows.

"Yeah I know" I smiled, but deep down I know she wasn't okay and she was just putting on a brave face for her daughter.

My mom was diagnosed with cancer for the second time last year and I have to take care of her.

First time she was diagnosed I was twenty and I had to leave collage to work more to afford the medical help she needs and I've been working at that diner for almost six years now.

My mom is a strong woman who is not afraid of anything, she worked two jobs and still managed to raise me all on her own.

My dad -who I have no idea who is he- left when I was months old, my mom told me that she loved him with all her heart but he couldn't take care of a baby because he was too young.

My mom had me when I was 18 and so was dad.

I covered my mom with the blanket and closed the door behind me. I went to my small room and took off my clothes then headed to the shower.

After the shower I wore my pajamas and laid down on the bed. I stared at the ceiling thinking about Mathew -not him in particular but his offer.

I mean I could use the money...and he seemed nice enough, there's no harm in trying a new job. I'll take Jennifer's opinion tomorrow morning, she always knows what to say.

I closed my eyes and went into deep slumber.