4.

C H R I S T I N E

The music was load and clear making my heart beats with the rhythm. I was sitting in the bus listening to music to make the time goes faster.

The bus stopped at the station and I got down and headed to the diner. As soon as I entered the diner Jennifer hugged me. She likes to hug too much.

"Hey, Jenny" I smiled and she smiled back.

" How's things with your mom and Mathew McKellen?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mom is doing okay and everything is good with Mathew." I said.

"How is he?! Is he polite or rude?! Does he has any tattoos?! Oh god does he has any girlfriends?!..." She was asking too many questions and I shook my head slightly at her.

"He's okay, polite and I don't know if he has any tattoos or girlfriends" I answered.

"Let's get to work, we'll talk later." I said and she nodded.

I went to the bathroom and changed into my uniform. I left my clothes back in my small locker then I went back to the kitchen.

As I cooked for the people my thoughts drifted to my mom, she is getting worse and the medication doesn't seem to work. She would pass out twice a week and I'm afraid if her status got any worse I won't be able to move her into a hospital.

I've been alone in all of this, there is no siblings, no father and my family never asks, it's like mom never existed. Are people really this cruel? They would disappear just so they don't have to pay money for their family.

Suddenly Mathew crossed my mind, would I ever tell him about my mom or how I dropped out of school? He's my boss so I wouldn't unless somehow I have to.

I frowned, it has been tough but I'm stronger than this. We'll -mom and I - make it out okay and better than ever.

"You good?" I heard Jennifer's voice.

"Yeah" I answered, I didn't want to worry her, she has enough on her plate already.

Her mom is away on some vacation with her boyfriend while Jennifer has to take care of four children.

I served food to the customers then I went back to the kitchen and looked at the clock, time for my break.

I went out of the back door and sit on the bench next to it, after a few minutes Jennifer joined me.

"Hey, girlie" she bumped her shoulder with mine and pushed me to the side a little.

"Hi, Jenny" I smiled at her.

After a few minutes of silence she spoke:" You know I love my siblings and all but they can be a pain in the ass" I chuckled at her.

"Especially June, please tell me I wasn't like her when I was fourteen." She frowned and I laughed.

"Of course you were" I said and she scolded at me.

"I never got the concept of having you as my bestfriend" she joked and I laughed.

"You love me" I wrapped my arms around her.

"I do" she smiled.

We stayed like this for a while then we went back into the diner.