6.

C H R I S T I N E

I yawned and sit up, I barely had any sleep the past week because of the extra job I have taken from Mathew but I have to do what I have to do to get the money and take care of my mom.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My under eyes bags has gotten bigger and darker than before and my face seems to lose its color but I don't really care how I look like right now. I shrugged and went down stairs to the kitchen.

I checked on my mom, who was still in bed, and went to make her some food. All that I seem to do this week is to cook.

I put her plate aside and ate mine. I went back to my room and changed into my clothes and took the uniform in my bag.

Normally, I wore my uniform without any other clothes but since I started working at Mathew's I had to look presentable. Well...as presentable as a Zombie can be.

I checked on my mom one last time before I headed out of the door. The weather was starting to get colder and I shivered as the wind passes by. I sighed and continued walking to the bus station.

After a while, I arrived at the diner and I walked inside. The diner was empty except for a few customers in the back. I walked inside the bathroom and changed from my clothes to my uniform.

"Christa!!" I heard Jenny's voice from behind me and I turned around to look at her.

Jennifer looked beautiful as ever. Unlike me, she looked wide awake and ready for everything.

"You look like hell" she said.

"Hello to you too, Jenny" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, seriously.

"I haven't had much of sleep lately" I answered.

"Girl, you need some rest" Jenny put her hand on my shoulder.

"The money is more important, mom is more important" I whispered the last part.

"Oh Christa" she hugged me tightly.

"She's not getting any better" I whispered in her arms.

"She will get better, she's strong, she will make it out okay" she whispered.

I hope.

"Let's get back to work" I said, because if I stood here any longer I might cry, she nodded and we went back to the kitchen.

Today was a slow day, only a few customers and take aways. No proposals or fights- thanks god- .

I yawned and leaned on the counter, I closed my eyes a little.

"Wake up, sleepy head" I heard a masculin voice and I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed them.

I looked in front of me to see Mathew McKellen smirking at me.

"Hello, Mathew" I blushed. That was embarrassing.

"Hello, Christine" he grinned. He looked wide awake and fresh as ever, his hair was perfectly styled and he didn't look tired at all.

"Pardon me, but are you doing here?" I asked. I was at his house yesterday, there's no need for him to be here.

"My friend wanted to meet you" he said and I nodded. I don't look awesome right now but I'll roll with it.

A tall figure came into my view and I looked to see a handsome face smirking at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hello, I'm Max Fox, this idiot cousin" he shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Max, I'm Christine" I smiled.

"I've heard so much about you" he said and for a second I glanced at Mathew.

"Hope it's all good things" I chuckled lightly.

"It is" he winked at me and my eyebrows shoot up to my forehead. Before any of us can speak any further Jenny came crushing by literally and figuratively.

She has holding a huge tray filled with dirty dishes when she suddenly slips on something on the floor and dump the whole tray on me while he set on the floor.

"Oh god" Jennifer whispered.

I wasn't gonna break or anything until what happened, my week has been shitty enough and with my lack of sleep I felt like dying. And now my boss has seen embarrass myself enough, and on top of that my uniform is ruined.

I held back the tears and sighed, I glanced at Jennifer who was moaning in pain while she held her right leg.

"I'm so sorry, Christa" she said and I nodded.

"It's okay" I whispered, if I speak up, I will probably cry.

"Are you okay?!" I heard Max asking Jennifer.

"Christine, let's get you cleaned up, huh?!" Mathew asked and I looked at him. Should I go with him?

Deciding to go with him, I nodded and lead the way to my locker, I took my clean clothes and headed to the bathroom.

"Can you wait here?" I asked Mathew at the bathroom door.

"Of course" he nodded. I walked inside and closed the door. I put the clothes on the stool and looked at myself in the mirror.

My clothes are all wet and had some sauce on it, a spaghetti strap was on my shoulder and a piece of lettuce was on my hair.

I didn't think I could look any worse than the morning but apparently I can.

I quickly changed and ran my hand through my hair to tame a little bit. I walked out of the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" Mathew asked.

"I'm okay, thanks" I smiled a little, even thought I didn't feel like smiling at all.

"Why don't you go home tonight?" He asked. Can I go home?

I have never asked Catherine for a day off before maybe she will gave it to me.

"I'll ask my boss first" I said and he nodded.

I walked to Catherine's office which really felt like a closet. I entered and smiled at her.

"Take a seat, Christine" she said and I took a seat

Catherine has never been one of those scary bosses but I've never found it in myself to ask for a holiday.

"Can I take the day off?" I asked. She dropped the pen she was holding and sighed.

"Yeah sure, go rest" she smiled a little and I nodded.

"Thank you" I said and walked out.